Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, As said in the title, my laptop is now a glowing brick. The origin of this situation is an abrupt shutdown because of the battery off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Girago, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Girago Win User

Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen

Hello,

As said in the title, my laptop is now a glowing brick.

The origin of this situation is an abrupt shutdown because of the battery off loaded. I created a new session, locked mine, opened the new one and the computer shut down during loading the new session.

I plugged in charge, waited a few seconds, and pushed the power button.

note : I remember a blue WDIFY We Do It For You as I call it, insidious updating screen when booting, but fast enough. With the "we preparing your computer" or text-a-like thing. I think it was an update.

This is the actual situation since :

The login screen displays well with the clock displaying minutes, the charging witness updating when plugged to sector or on battery. So I guess it's responding fine. Actually the monitor even turns off after a while waiting absurdly to log in.

But I don't have any response from the keyboard nor the mouse.

Here a list of what has been done from now :

Simply waiting, a few hours, to avoid complex manipulations, excessive reboots, ect :failed

Then I tried plugin some external keyboard and mouse : failed

No response from the devices, even if they lit up.

Bloating USB ports with mouses : why not, I read it on internet and I've got enough:failed

No response from the devices, even if they lit up.

Trying to boot in safe mode : failed
    It doesn't change the response problem. Oddly I could not access it the way I would usually with f8. It displayed me a screen with 0xc0000225, with three options displaying, retry, enter and restart, when the two first where just refreshing the same page.
    So I had to take the dirty way, with button rebooting and interrupting windows boot two times.
    From this windows repair screen it worked. But did not solve the problem.

Now that I could finally access a functioning windows repair screen, I tried different options :

• Startup repair : failed
      Screen with mobo logo and rotating loading thing.
      I interrupting the rotating thing after three hours. I did not thing it would lead me to somewhere
    • Uninstalling last quality update : failed
      The thing couldn't be uninstalled because of an "error"
      . I didn't venture myself into the feature update though, since it's unthinkable to loose my work.

I disabled legacy USB support in BIOS : failed
    USB mouse, touchpad, and keyboard are all well functioning before Windows boot actually. Mobo / Hardware seems fine though. Software wise ? mmh

Ok so here is the last thing I've done before posting : Turned off Laptop, removing battery, maintaining boot button 25sec, waiting 5 minutes and then booting :failed

Ok now I think it's dead for my session restore... but anyway I just want to access to my computer, it's my work tool, I simply need it and I think it's one of the stupidest situation I have ever been, really.

Thank you for reading, i really need help.

edit : here's the config

Gigabyte Sabre 17

16Gb RAM

i7 8750h

:)

Girago, Jun 5, 2020
  2. LatinMart Win User

PIN pad showing on screen in Windows 10

In Windows 10, there is a PIN pad showing on the screen (my brother placed it there) in order to log into the laptop. I want to enter my logon PIN via the keyboard. How do I remove the PIN pad showing on the screen?

LatinMart, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen

keyboard on laptop doesn't respond on initial startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access laptop keyboard, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What happens when you try to access on-screen keyboard?
    • Have to tried to connect an external keyboard and check?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer.
    • Now check for the issue.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search
      box from the desktop and select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane of the troubleshooting window.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen

1. Windows 10 Laptop - keyboard and pad not responding at Logon Screen - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard pad

2. On screen keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard not responding: I'm having problems with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 7. The on screen keyboard frequently shows 'not responding' or is just unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's related but it often takes more than one click of the mouse to wake an app on the Taskbar. I have tried another...
  3. On screen keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On screen keyboard not responding: I'm having problems with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 7. The on screen keyboard frequently shows 'not responding' or is just unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's related but it often takes more than one click of the mouse to wake an app on the Taskbar. I have tried another...
  4. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  5. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not responding: Hi, my cat walked across my keyboard and now only the mouse in the keyboard will respond, but not the touch pad. I have a Dell Latitude E6429 with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-responding/68aa0d84-91e1-44eb-b0d1-70513105630b
  6. Touch pad not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen: Hello Microsoft, During the last shutdown, some updates were installed automatically. Now, when I start my PC neither keyboard is working nor the mouse. Although I can use keyboard and mouse in the BIOS settings. I've also tried another set of keyboard and mouse, still no...
  8. No keyboard and mouse on logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No keyboard and mouse on logon screen: Hi all, I have not been able to login to my system as the keyboard and mouse are not working. This happened after I installed NoxPlayer (an android emulator) and got a green screen of death? Things I have Tried: -Using Different USB Ports -Different Mouse and Keyboard...
  9. Track pad not responding

Track pad not responding: Hi. I am using windows precision drivers (HID compliant) and on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My track pad was operating perfectly until I plugged in my printer via usb. It then became very slow and eventually stopped responding. I removed the printer's usb cable and the track pad...
  10. no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

no keyboard no mouse at logon screen: In order to logon I need to press CTRL ALT DEL. The keyboard and mouse don't work. When using an external keyboard or mouse, only the mouse will work. I am not being able to login on my windows and my computer is worthless. I hope someone can help because I'm getting...