Windows 10: Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it

Discus and support Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows locks my computer after 1 minute. Sleep and hibernate settings are also below. I added the key to unhide 'System Unatteneded sleep timeout' and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nick Rust, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Nick Rust Win User

Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it

Windows locks my computer after 1 minute. Sleep and hibernate settings are also below. I added the key to unhide 'System Unatteneded sleep timeout' and set that to 20 minutes. I added the key to unhide 'Console lock display off timeout' set that to 20 minutes. I set the screensaver settings and unchecked 'On resume, display logon screen'.I set the GPO for 'Interactive Logon: Machine inactivity limit' to 1200 secondsI disabled fingerprint unlock and set to ONLY use a PIN, set Hello 'Require Sign-in' to 15 minutes.This damn thing keeps locking after a minute, maybe 2 if I'm lucky. Help?

:)

Nick Rust, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen.

l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking photos prior to any modifications l tried, but still 1 minute lock screen was happing. Going back to my Microsoft day's, l couldn't locate the "Screen Saver" app anywhere, so l entered "screen saver" where
    l've been entering "regedit" and "power options" etc in the search box; and a small box popped up on the screen headed "screen saver" showing the setting for 1 minute, l didn't want to increase the time duration here, which would of only taken a second to
    do, l choose the option not to set anytimes here ie either tick or untick the box as stated and set and control the time in the lock screen facility in "Windows settings".

Like most things once you know it literary took a couple of seconds to fix. Obvious to the wiz kids; but not so obvious to some?

FreeSphinx29002, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it

My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute

My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute. I tried all the usual Power , Lock Screen, Screen Saver settings. It still locks up.

SamilBeret, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it

1. Windows 10 - Laptop locks after 1 minute despite numerous changes to increase it - Similar Threads - Laptop locks minute

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  4. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  5. Screen Locks after 1 minute

Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  6. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  7. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  8. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  9. Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute: My laptop locks by itself after 1 minute even if the display settings are set to 5/10 minutes please check the screenshot attached. I tried to restore the default power settings but it did not work. I tried the solution linked here below but it did not work:...
  10. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...