Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by S A qni, Jan 26, 2024.

1. S A qni Win User

Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained after it locks when though it was at 100%. Then I charge when it's dead and it goes to 100% in a few minutes. I checked battery and health is good not sure what problem is. It randomly locks up

:)

S A qni, Jan 26, 2024

2. Windows 10 Draining My LapTop Battery

Hi Tim,

I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Battery drain with windows 10 on surface pro 2

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 26, 2024
  3. cns00 Win User
    the battery is getting drained

my work laptop is an hp pavilion 14 inch. i bought it on feb 2022. i have windows 10 build 21h2 on that laptop. in the past when i closed the laptop lid and the laptop went to sleep all was ok and i was able to wake up the laptop. fast startup is disabled on decemeber i played red alert 2 on the work laptop. it's an ancient game for windows xp. i closed the laptop lid while the game was running and then the laptop was unplugged from the charger. i opened the laptop lid 2 hours later and i saw that the laptop was off because the battery was empty after that when i closed the laptop lid and i unplugged it from the charger i used to find the laptop off when i opened the lid and the laptop battery is getting drained when the laptop is asleep. that randomly happened a couple of times in a few days. the battery is not dead and i can use the laptop on the battery my guess is that red alert 2 corrupted something in my sleep power settings because it doesn't know sleep of windows 10. the problem started after i put the laptop to sleep while red alert 2 was running after that i changed it to laptop hibernates when the laptop lid is closed instead of laptop sleeps when the laptop lid is closed. all was ok for 1 month and the battery was not getting fully drained when the laptop was hibernating. today morning i found out that the battery was fully drained when the laptop was hibernating and the laptop was off why is the battery getting fully drained? someone told me it's due to a windows bug. please see . if it is then how come this bug started happening for me after i closed the lid while red alert 2 was running in the background?

cns00, Jan 26, 2024
  4. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 26, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

1. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains - Similar Threads - laptop locks itself

2. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains: I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained after it locks when though it was at 100%. Then I charge when it's dead and it goes to 100% in a few minutes. I checked battery...
  3. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains: I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained after it locks when though it was at 100%. Then I charge when it's dead and it goes to 100% in a few minutes. I checked battery...
  4. Random FAST battery drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FAST battery drain: Hey, I turned on my laptop this morning and realized I was at 20% battery but it was around 50% last night. What could be the cause of this sudden drop in battery life? This has never happened before and my laptop was asleep the whole time. Perhaps some background process?...
  5. Random FAST battery drain

Random FAST battery drain: Hey, I turned on my laptop this morning and realized I was at 20% battery but it was around 50% last night. What could be the cause of this sudden drop in battery life? This has never happened before and my laptop was asleep the whole time. Perhaps some background process?...
  6. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  7. laptop battery capacity drain

laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  8. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 laptop battery draining in Stand-By

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop battery draining in Stand-By: I have read that hibernating is basically shutting down the PC, while saving the work on a file. Hence, shutting down or hibernating would basically be the same for me. My laptop: Asus Zenbook Pro (2018 version). I actually have an awful experience with the Stand-by mode...
  10. Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is drained is hibernate\sleep on Windows 10 laptop: Hey My Windows 10 laptop battery is drained overnight when it goes to hibernation, and sometimes when it goes sleep\hibernate\screen is turned of - it cant be woken up screen is black and nothing is responding- only option is to force shutdown by long pressing power button...