Windows 10: windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

Discus and support windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 and I would like to turn off the lock screen. The lock screen has become a royal pain in the neck, when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GoYSU, May 18, 2019.

1. GoYSU Win User

windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

Hey there,

I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 and I would like to turn off the lock screen. The lock screen has become a royal pain in the neck, when I turn on the laptop and try to move from the lock screen to the sign in screen, it will either be very slow or not move on at all. So I would like to be able to turn on my laptop and bypass the lock screen to either the sign in screen or my desktop. Thank you.

:)

GoYSU, May 18, 2019
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, May 18, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 18, 2019
  4. windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 18, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

1. windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen - Similar Threads - laptop able move

2. My windows 11 is stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving from sign in screen , not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 is stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving from sign in screen , not...: My windows 11 is Stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving form that screen , not asking password or not asking fingerprint there is no option for reset password also, this problem only in administrator account, other standard accounts no issues, please help to recover...
  3. My windows 11 is stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving from sign in screen , not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 is stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving from sign in screen , not...: My windows 11 is Stucked at windows sign in screen , not moving form that screen , not asking password or not asking fingerprint there is no option for reset password also, this problem only in administrator account, other standard accounts no issues, please help to recover...
  4. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  5. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  6. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  8. Lock Screen Sign On

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  9. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...
  10. Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop: This solution works for Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS build 14393.1198. To remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page in Win 10 Home (i.e. go straight to Desktop from Startup or Sleep mode) you must first set up a password, even though you don’t require it, in order to get the...