Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop not asking for any WiFi credentials?

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop not asking for any WiFi credentials? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently changed my password on my schools wifi meaning I would need to change my wifi login information as well. However, no wifi that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James-158, May 9, 2019.

1. James-158 Win User

Windows 10 laptop not asking for any WiFi credentials?

Hi there,

I recently changed my password on my schools wifi meaning I would need to change my wifi login information as well. However, no wifi that I am trying to connect to gives me an option for a username or password to the wifi, even ones that I have never connected to before?

I’ve already tried to use the

netsh wlan delete profile *

Command which deleted all my wlan profiles yet the issue still persists after several network resets and reboots.

:)

James-158, May 9, 2019

2. WiFi prompt for additional credentials

I need some help. On Windows 7 when you were connected to a Wireless Network that required additional credentials, there would be this nice notification. When you clicked it, it would popup the authentication box, allowing a user to enter their credentials.

Windows 10 laptop not asking for any WiFi credentials? [​IMG]

In Windows 10 however, there is no notification (that I can find how to turn on). If I click the Wireless icon in the taskbar, the credential box will appear.

The reason I would like/need the notification to appear is these particular systems are going to be student used, and I want a visual way for them to know to enter their credentials rather than just tapping the WiFi icon.

Any help/suggestions or scripts etc. that you all know of to make this happen?

Thanks

xerxes2985, May 9, 2019
  3. Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, May 9, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop not asking for any WiFi credentials? - Similar Threads - laptop asking WiFi

2. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials: I am trying to network a new pc to an existing network.The existing network functions correctly, all pcs and shares can be accessed.The new pc cannot access the existing network and continually asks for Windows Credentials, and everything I enter is incorrect, so I am really...
  3. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials: I am trying to network a new pc to an existing network.The existing network functions correctly, all pcs and shares can be accessed.The new pc cannot access the existing network and continually asks for Windows Credentials, and everything I enter is incorrect, so I am really...
  4. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows keep asking your credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking your credentials: Dear, One of our customers is complaining about this message, that is why I did put all accent on the problem.Sadly there are tons of solutions regarding with the Group Policy which are not a solution for this issue.This started to appear when the user changed the sing in...
  6. windows 10 network issue asking for credentials

windows 10 network issue asking for credentials: I have just reinstalled windows 10 as I was having issues updating. I am now trying to setup a network. I have setup file sharing etc. my network is private. I have turned on network discovery and I have turned off the pin and the need to sign into windows.when I try to...
  7. Asking for Network Credentials

Asking for Network Credentials: I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message....
  8. RDP Asking for Credentials Twice

RDP Asking for Credentials Twice: Hi all, Im tying to configure a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard in order to only ask for credentials one time ( while trying to RDP the machine). I've disabled the following GPO- But server is still asking for password a second time. Administrative Templates ->...
  9. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

WebDAV keeps asking for credentials: Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows...
  10. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...