Windows 10: Windows-10 laptop not booting completely

Discus and support Windows-10 laptop not booting completely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Dell Inspiron Laptop and lately it was very slow. Noticed disk usage of 10% all the time and started running CHKDSK /f /r hoping to repair any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ram_457, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Ram_457 Win User

Windows-10 laptop not booting completely

I have Dell Inspiron Laptop and lately it was very slow. Noticed disk usage of 10% all the time and started running CHKDSK /f /r hoping to repair any disk issues. The CHKDSK utility ran for 12+ hours and only finished 5%. I got concerned and aborted CHKDSK. Now, it is functioning at all. It lets me sign-on, see that it got connected to Wi-Fi. It is not loading any desktop icons, doesn't take any commands. The screen just flashes for any commands I try to run.

Appreciate any help.

Ram

:)

Ram_457, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 22, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows-10 laptop not booting completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 22, 2018
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Windows-10 laptop not booting completely - Similar Threads - laptop booting completely

2. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached It does take up the entire screen evenly but my camera didn't pick it up. All icons disappear...
  3. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached. I did monetarily get the computer to stop flashing, but I had very limited access, and:...
  4. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached. I did monetarily get the computer to stop flashing, but I had very limited access, and:...
  5. Windows boot is completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot is completely broken: When performing a CPU heatsink upgrade, I returned to find that Windows 10 kept returning a BSOD with error code 0xc0000001. I found that my secondary data hard drive had become disconnected due to a broken SATA power connector, so I reconnected and turned it back on. Same...
  6. Windows boot is completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot is completely broken: When performing a CPU heatsink upgrade, I returned to find that Windows 10 kept returning a BSOD with error code 0xc0000001. I found that my secondary data hard drive had become disconnected due to a broken SATA power connector, so I reconnected and turned it back on. Same...
  7. Windows 10 - doesn't boot completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - doesn't boot completely: My Windows 10 laptop hangs on startup. It will let me enter the password, then it goes to a light-blue screen and will not boot further. So I cannot access anything on the computer, or download anything. I'm anything but an expert, but that light-blue screen looks like the...
  8. Windows does not boot completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not boot completely: Greetings everyone, I thank all of you in advance, even if you only read this. My Computer decided yesterday that it is that time of year again and now my Windows does not Lets go through the booting process: https://youtu.be/6mxkAmdeOHE I press the On-Button. Screen shows...
  9. Windows 10 does not completely boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not completely boot: i have a windows 10 that was an upgrade from windows 7, which might been an upgrade from windows vista, that won't complete booting even in safe mode. i have tried ctrl-alt-del, windows+r taskmgr and nothing. there is pointer but it constantly from pointer to spinning blue...
  10. Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot complete re-boot: I have a 6 month old Acer aio desktop - I am not tech saving having age and gender against me!! So, came with Windows 10 Pre-installed and all updates are applied automatically. As above I am unable to give you my Windows Version number as I have no access. After several...