Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop not booting

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop not booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, 1 or 2 weeks ago I went to turn on my laptop and the manufacturer logo came up but when the dot spinny wheel animation began to play it rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tyler Gowdy_267, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop not booting

Hi, 1 or 2 weeks ago I went to turn on my laptop and the manufacturer logo came up but when the dot spinny wheel animation began to play it rebooted into the NON METRO windows boot manager I was greeted with error code 0xc0000001 so then I pressed enter to select an OS then I selected windows 10 and pressed F8 for advanced boot options, after 5 minutes I tried every option but nothing worked so I tried going into windows memory diagnostic but it said the operating system or application contained errors. The only thing I can think of is using windows 10 media creation tool on another PC to create bootable windows media but I do not have access to another PC and I dont want to pay over £100 for a windows 10 installation just to get my laptop into working order again. Please help

:)

Tyler Gowdy_267, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Windows 10 laptop not booting

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop not booting

1. Windows 10 laptop not booting - Similar Threads - laptop booting

2. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck before the boot up process: I have an HP laptop, and a few days ago it seems to have gotten stuck in the boot up sequence, the black screen just before the HP symbol and the loading circle appear. Sometimes those will pop up as well in my attempts to get it to work, but they always go away after a...
  3. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck before the boot up process: I have an HP laptop, and a few days ago it seems to have gotten stuck in the boot up sequence, the black screen just before the HP symbol and the loading circle appear. Sometimes those will pop up as well in my attempts to get it to work, but they always go away after a...
  4. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  6. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  7. My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far: I have a Razer Blade 15 from 2019. Last night I was using it as normal, when all of a sudden, without any warning, it froze up then blue-screened on me. I didn’t have enough time to see the full error message but I did catch the word “kernel”. After automatically restarting,...
  8. My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far

My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far: I have a Razer Blade 15 from 2019. Last night I was using it as normal, when all of a sudden, without any warning, it froze up then blue-screened on me. I didn’t have enough time to see the full error message but I did catch the word “kernel”. After automatically restarting,...
  9. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a
  10. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a