Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently got a hp pavilion 14, and I tried to connect it to an extra monitor. I know this monitor works, as I use it with my Xbox. When it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/acaf4bc76c, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor

I have recently got a hp pavilion 14, and I tried to connect it to an extra monitor. I know this monitor works, as I use it with my Xbox. When it is plugged in, in settings the laptop detects it, but I can't seem to display anything on the monitor. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/acaf4bc76c
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/acaf4bc76c, Dec 15, 2019
  2. delpi767 Win User

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor

second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor

1. Windows 10 laptop not displaying on monitor - Similar Threads - laptop displaying monitor

2. Windows 10 stopped displaying on the main laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped displaying on the main laptop monitor: Good afternoon! I have Windows 10 installed on a MSI GP72 laptop. Windows is installed on an M.2 SSD Samsung, all updates are installed As for Windows, as for SSD When you turn on the laptop, the BIOS is displayed, then the "windows" symbol appears, and then the monitor just...
  3. Windows 10 stopped displaying on the main laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped displaying on the main laptop monitor: Good afternoon! I have Windows 10 installed on a MSI GP72 laptop. Windows is installed on an M.2 SSD Samsung, all updates are installed As for Windows, as for SSD When you turn on the laptop, the BIOS is displayed, then the "windows" symbol appears, and then the monitor just...
  4. Windows 10 stopped displaying on the main laptop monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 3 Monitors + Laptop Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 Monitors + Laptop Display: Hi,I have 3 Dell monitors and a Dell Laptop all connected via a Dell Hub. I am able to connect to all 3 displays. However one of them is locked to a 640x480 Resolution. I dont mind this however, I want to change which display is locked to that resolution. Currently my display...
  6. Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display: Hello All, I am a student and am trying out taking notes using a Bamboo Ink pen and OneNote on my Surface Book 2. I want to go all-digital with my notes, and this works perfectly during lectures, but I cannot do this while trying to read an eTextbook or watch a video and...
  7. second laptop for display monitor

second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535
  8. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop: I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's "desktop" shows up on the TV screen, nothing else that I am doing on the computer (PowerPoint or otherwise). Any idea why?...
  9. dual monitor display with laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitor display with laptop: I have two monitors and an HDMI splitter. When I plug it in, it only gives me an option for display 1 (being the laptop display) and display two which it uses for both monitors. So display two is simply two monitors showing the same thing. I want to be able to use both...
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...