Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and for some reason, despite being plugged in, has been slowly losing its charge. It's been about 2-3 weeks since it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cristian Maas, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and for some reason, despite being plugged in, has been slowly losing its charge. It's been about 2-3 weeks since it started and It's not giving me any kind of error messages or anything of that nature. My laptop has an integrated battery, so a lot of the things I am seeing in regards to trying to fix it require me to essentially disassemble it.

:)

Cristian Maas, Feb 16, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Graydrake Win User

Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging

1. Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging - Similar Threads - Laptop Plugged charging

2. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  3. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  5. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  6. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop plugged in not charging

Laptop plugged in not charging: I have a Acer ES1 512 laptop.Since updating from 1803 to 1809 window 10. There is issues in charging.It is slowly getting worse today at 92% not charging down from 98%.It just wont charge to 100% anymore.Have tried everything even updating drivers and troubleshooting power....
  8. laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10

laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10: our very new ASOS laptop (less than a year) is not charging more than 59%. the tool tip says that the laptop plugged in not charging have tried updating the power settings, tried the power troubleshooter, tried Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery >>...
  9. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4
  10. Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging: Hi all, apologies if this topic is discussed somewhere else, but I could not find it. I have seen similar topic from 2017, bit it was already closed by the admins. Anyway, the problem is that my laptop (HP Pavilion 15 ab000 series) completely out of blue around 3 weeks ago...