Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a strange problem with my laptop, in that whenever I leave it alone for a given length of time, (about 5-6 minutes) the laptop then suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Twivee Latius, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

I have a strange problem with my laptop, in that whenever I leave it alone for a given length of time, (about 5-6 minutes) the laptop then suddenly does not respond to any future inputs. The screen remains exactly as it was at the time of the freeze, and nothing causes it to change - not even using Ctrl-Alt-Del. The only thing I am able to do during one of these freezes is to force a shutdown and then restart my laptop.

I have tried scanning the laptop with my antivirus, (Avast Internet Security Premium) but that comes up with no signs of malware or anything on my laptop. As such, I don't know what the cause of the crashing could be. And the Event Viewer holds no clues as to why it may be crashing - the last error event being a "Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.0.30311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user AUROCOMPUTER\twili (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20)." a few minutes before the crash.

Specifications:

Manufacturer = Acer

Model = Aspire ES1-533

Processor = Intel Celeron CPU N3350 @ 1.10 GHz
    Installed RAM = 8.00 GB (7.83 GB useable)

System type = 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Windows Edition = Windows 10 Home

:)

Twivee Latius, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Feb 9, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

1. Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes' - Similar Threads - Laptop Random 'freezes'

2. Laptop randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezing: Hello recently my dell laptop started freaking out. I have dropped my laptop many times because i travel a lot.Yesterday i was just playing games and i hit my table and my pc got frozen while the audio was looping a terrible sound when i restarted it i was recommended by...
  3. Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10

Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10: My laptop freezes randomly. The issue has happened both before and after boot up. I have run multiple tests listed on HP UEFI firmware for hardware diagnostics and all of them passed. Sometimes, it freezes during these tests also. The issue is recurrent,i.e., for days the...
  4. Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10: My laptop freezes randomly. The issue has happened both before and after boot up. I have run multiple tests listed on HP UEFI firmware for hardware diagnostics and all of them passed. Sometimes, it freezes during these tests also. The issue is recurrent,i.e., for days the...
  5. Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop freezing randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing randomly, Windows 10: I've had a laptop for about 2 years that has occasionally frozen, usually in the middle of playing games. Recently got it back after a hardware repair and storage disk upgrade, and it feels as though the freezing is happening more frequently as well as when not playing games....
  7. Laptop freezing randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing randomly, Windows 10: I've had a laptop for about 2 years that has occasionally frozen, usually in the middle of playing games. Recently got it back after a hardware repair and storage disk upgrade, and it feels as though the freezing is happening more frequently as well as when not playing games....
  8. Laptop freezing randomly, Windows 10

9. Laptop randomly freezes

Laptop randomly freezes: A while ago my laptop started to completely freeze and stop for no reason, and I have to just turn it off by holding the button. This happens often now, every day almost. This happens no matter what I'm doing on it, occasionally it freezes even if it is idle....
  10. Windows laptop freezes randomly

Windows laptop freezes randomly: Af[IMG]After running for 2-3 minutes my laptop freezes and shows a screen like this. This does not occur when my laptop is in safe mode. I have tried updating the software but it does this before the update can finish. I have tried to reset my pc but it stops halfway through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop completely freezes and nothing works including keyboard