Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mlwmlw, Oct 19, 2021.

1. mlwmlw Win User

Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built PC?

:)

mlwmlw, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

1. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC? - Similar Threads - laptop remove liscense

2. My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it: My windows 8 key is using another person who i don't know. I want to remove from using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-8-key-is-using-by-another-person-how-to/36ac4040-3aac-403c-81d1-c9aad0ec1360
  3. My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 8 key is using by another person how to remove it: My windows 8 key is using another person who i don't know. I want to remove from using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-8-key-is-using-by-another-person-how-to/36ac4040-3aac-403c-81d1-c9aad0ec1360
  4. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?: I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built PC?...
  5. Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 laptop remove liscense key for use on another PC?: I have a windows laptop at the end of it's life. I am going to build another PC soon. Can I deactivate it's license and move it to my soon to be built PC?...
  6. Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I remove the windows key and use it on another install?: I want to install windows on a new boot drive as my current boot drive is dying. So I want to know if I can just remove the windows key, format the current windows boot drive then install windows on the new drive and use the same key without any issues? I will only be...
  7. Using Windows 10 key on another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Windows 10 key on another drive: Hi, Today I recieved my new harddrive and was thinking about using my Windows 10 key that I already own on the new one. So I have downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft's website and I used the media creation tool to put Windows on my USB. So can I simply copy my key that I...
  8. windows 10 pro key used on another pc

windows 10 pro key used on another pc: hello i purchase win 10 pro retail key from a local store but when i try to redeem it on my pc i got error about key already used on another pc. my question is how i can find time of redeem this key ? so i have proof ,key used before my purchase from local store. ty...
  9. Removing Device from Microsoft account and Liscenses

Removing Device from Microsoft account and Liscenses: I'm about to start putting together another computer, hopefully tonight. I have a Windows 10 digital retail license and my old PC was linked to my Microsoft account, but has since been removed from my devices on my account after it died. My question is, do I still keep that...
  10. Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC: My pc came with a Windows 8.1 disk and later I upgraded it to Windows 10. If I remove windows installation from my current pc can I use same key for activating Windows 10 on a new computer?...