Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using ASUS TP550LD laptop. About 2 months ago, after a windows 10 update, whenever I try to wake my laptop from sleep mode, it restarts instead and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jailan-Hussein, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode

I'm using ASUS TP550LD laptop. About 2 months ago, after a windows 10 update, whenever I try to wake my laptop from sleep mode, it restarts instead and all my open applications close. It has been really annoying ever since and I tried to search the web for solutions, but none of them worked for me. Please help me out.

NB: I checked all my power settings and everything is selected right.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jailan-Hussein, Feb 16, 2020
  2. capnp72 Win User

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

Brandon Pomeroy, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Veskitphd Win User

Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode

PC restarts instead of waking from sleep

Hello,

Lately my laptop has been shutting down instead of waking from sleep mode. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep, whether through closing the laptop or through the start menu, when I wake my computer the turns on then suddenly restarts without anything appearing
    on the screen. I have restored my power settings to default and the problem still persists. How do I get my PC to wake normally.

Jason

Veskitphd, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode

1. Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode - Similar Threads - laptop restarts instead

2. Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep: Hi, my laptop keeps restarting after I put it in sleep mode, is there anything I could do to solve this? I have tried disabled fast boot and still no luck. i have updated bios to lat latest version.after I checked on event viewer, this what appears to be the causing and I...
  3. Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode: I'm facing issues with my Win10 Asus Laptop for about 3 weeks now when it wakes up from sleep. It takes a long time to load and then does a full restart. When it restarts my audio doesn't work and the audio icon shows me "no audio output device installed" Anyone facing the...
  4. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  5. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  6. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  7. Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode

Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode: I've seen lots of power/sleep problems discussed on forums, but nothing exactly like the problem I'm having since the latest Windows 10 update. The laptop seems to go to sleep fine. Then when I open the lid or press the power button to wake it up, it makes the unmistakable...
  8. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  9. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...
  10. System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead: I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a BSOD and Windows couldn't start anymore. So yeah, nothing worked, couldn't fix it in any other way. I had to get it...