Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my girlfriend updated her laptop yesterday and it started taking a very long time to load on the startup screen after she logs in. After 10-15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LanceLester, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

So my girlfriend updated her laptop yesterday and it started taking a very long time to load on the startup screen after she logs in. After 10-15 minutes of waiting, it takes us to the home screen and nothing responds. Every time we try to open an app or game or anything on the toolbar, or... really anything, it just doesn't respond.

We tried the automatic repair option, factory resetting the computer, uninstalling the latest update and a few other things, yet nothing helps. How can we remedy this problem? IS there a way to remedy it and also what causes it?

Any help is truly appreciated, thanks much.

:)

LanceLester, Mar 28, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

1. Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update - Similar Threads - laptop ruined latest

2. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined computer after: So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working...
  3. Latest update ruined my access to files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update ruined my access to files.: Can someone help me get in touch with Microsoft complaint department someone who might actually care!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-ruined-my-access-to-files/f57990af-885e-4199-8ffe-861cb9d89821
  4. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  5. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  6. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc

Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc: Hey, I have recently installed the new windows ten update and ever since then my pc never boots up properly it always say scanning and repairing drive or else it just goes to a black screen with a cursor. i watched a youtube tutorial and i went into cmd and did a sfc...
  8. Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work: Yesterday before I went to my office I got a message from Windows asking me to schedule the update. I selected 9AM because I won't be at home. I come back around 5 and as I get ready to go out for a bit I get another message about when I should schedule the update. I...
  9. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....