Windows 10: Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Somerset_692, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20.

When I close the lid or briefly push the power button, the laptop properly goes into the Sleep Mode this is the way I have it set up under the power options. After I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20, the laptop properly goes to Sleep via closing the lid or pushing the power button - but NOW, after some undetermined period of time, the laptop shuts itself off and I need to power it back up.

The Sleep mode has always worked fine up until this week, as I typically leave the laptop in the Sleep mode overnight and for long stretches during the day. I could always "awaken" it by just opening the lid. Now it just shuts off for no known reason. This has happened 4 times since the Updates were installed.

Should I uninstall the Updates that were installed on 2/11 to further isolate? Any troubleshooting ideas or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Somerset_692, Feb 15, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Henrai Win User
    Shut down or Sleep Mode will cause endless Sleep Mode.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop ever since I upgraded it from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the day Windows 10 came up, and the problem is still an issue today. Whenever I want to shut down my laptop or put it to Sleep Mode, the screen will
    turn completely black and unusable, with the power remaining on, just like when you open your laptop screen when it has been in Sleep Mode before restoring to what you've been doing before.

The problem is when it does occur, it will not "wake up", remaining a black screen unless I shut down it by holding the Power button for about 4 seconds. This problem will occur whenever I put the laptop into Sleep Mode or shut down the laptop. It will lose
    all control over all the keys and mouse (expect the Power button), and will remain as if in Sleep Mode even if the screen is open. However, restarting the computer will work perfectly fine...

The only known way to prevent this is to hold down the Power button for about 4 seconds when the laptop is shutting down or activated Sleep Mode by closing the lid. Restarting the computer however allows the laptop to work, so it is just Sleep Mode and shut
    down. Very rarely when shutting down, it will work normally, but this will only occur once every 4 months or so, while Sleep Mode hasn't shown to work at all.

Henrai, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

1. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Laptop Shuts Down

2. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  3. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  4. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.: Recently I reset the laptop in recovery and then a few days after the reset, I suddenly encountered a problem. While my laptop was sleeping, it suddenly shut down. Let's say that I left it idle and then when it went to sleep on its own after pressing the buttons to turn it on...
  6. Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically shut down after the laptop getting sleep when idle.: Recently I reset the laptop in recovery and then a few days after the reset, I suddenly encountered a problem. While my laptop was sleeping, it suddenly shut down. Let's say that I left it idle and then when it went to sleep on its own after pressing the buttons to turn it on...
  7. Windows automatically changes app mode to light after sleeping/shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows automatically changes app mode to light after sleeping/shutting down: Like the title says, my laptop has begun to automatically change my default windows app mode from dark to light any time it falls asleep or if it restarts. It is irritating that I need to keep changing it back each time I open my laptop. Considering it is a laptop, and merely...
  8. PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?: I usually put my computer to sleep once I am done for the night but when I get back up in the morning to turn it on it just boots up from shut down mode instead of sleep mode. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments]...
  9. my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping mode: Usually my laptop shuts down after 3 hours of sleeping. Why is it so? I know that a battery is not an issue because my machine is plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-shuts-down-after-3-hours-of-sleeping/61e2095a-c3a2-45ae-bf6f-df71fc351b66
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...