Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states, I've recently been having issues with my Windows 10 Samsung laptop regarding it sleeping and restarting. Basically, when it's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Magitroopa, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

As the title states, I've recently been having issues with my Windows 10 Samsung laptop regarding it sleeping and restarting.

Basically, when it's in sleep mode with the lid closed, a green light means it's in sleep mode and fully charged, while a red light would mean it's in sleep mode and charging. A blue light, however, means that the laptop is turned on/not in sleep mode.

Every night when I'm done with my laptop, I make sure it is in sleep mode, and I see the green light. However, recently every morning, I wake up and find my laptop with the blue light on (with the lid closed...), meaning it is on.

I've tried looking up how to solve this online, but haven't found this exact issue. I've tried updating my drivers, but not sure that's helped as I've tried updating them a second time today.

I've also seen some people saying to use some 'powercfg lastwake/energy' command in Command Prompt. However, there's also an issue regarding that... basically, when it is already on each morning, I open up the laptop and it's a completely black screen. Windows button does nothing, Ctr+Alt+Del does nothing, hitting my mouse does nothing. Then when I hit the power button on the side of the laptop, it entirely restarts.

I honestly have no clue why this is all happening or how to solve it, but two additional things that may help:

1. After I restart my laptop every morning and have it boot up, the laptop is not connected to my main network/any network whatsoever. Maybe this could be regarding an issue with connecting to the Internet while in sleep and it just somehow messes everything up?...
    2. I've unchecked an option in the 'System Properties/Startup and Recovery' section that says, "Automatically restart" in the case of a system failure. Before unchecking the option, my laptop would just restart automatically every morning without the whole black screen issue in the above paragraph.

Any clue what should be done/how to fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: If a video of the black screen issue would help, I can try and film it the next time it happens.

This also could be a problem regarding my system version... Checking the 'About your PC' section, it says I am currently on version 2004, yet I notice the 'Samsung Update' app (what I use to update my drivers) only lists versions 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, and 1909... so would it possibly help to downgrade to version 1909?

submitted by /u/Magitroopa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Magitroopa, May 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, May 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with sleep option in Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

Laptop restarts on each 2nd attempt to sleep.

Hi Will,

• What is the exact model of the laptop?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also you may install the latest display drivers from the manufacturer's website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: Start the computer in Safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode and check if it fixes the issue:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue is not occurring in Safe mode then, place the computer in a Clean Boot and check.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

1. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning - Similar Threads - laptop sleep restart

2. laptop restarts every time after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop restarts every time after sleep mode: Hi,I have recently purchased Laptop HP VITUS AMD Ryzen 7 5800HMy issue is laptop restarts every time after sleep mode with power mode and battery mode OS :Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 22621.1848...
  3. laptop restarts every time after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop restarts every time after sleep mode: Hi,I have recently purchased Laptop HP VITUS AMD Ryzen 7 5800HMy issue is laptop restarts every time after sleep mode with power mode and battery mode OS :Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 22621.1848...
  4. Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning: I have a lenovo thinkpad for studying. It used to restart automatically every weekday morning, draining the battery by the time I finished work. I checked/changed the power management settings, wake timers and automatic microsoft updates. I even changed or deleted every...
  5. Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning

Lenovo with Windows 11 Pro restarts every weekday morning: I have a lenovo thinkpad for studying. It used to restart automatically every weekday morning, draining the battery by the time I finished work. I checked/changed the power management settings, wake timers and automatic microsoft updates. I even changed or deleted every...
  6. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  7. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  8. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

9. Having to reactivate Windows 10 every morning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having to reactivate Windows 10 every morning: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Education licence key and for the past 2 weeks, every morning I would have to reactivate windows with the troubleshooter, it would work and activate but then the next morning it would say Windows is not activated again. I have no made any...
  10. Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update restart loop, every, single, morning!!: This has been asked previously but the suggested fix of using the "Windows Recovery Environment" DOES NOT WORK! The problem is the update has been automatically downloaded, against my will (like eveything else in Windows 10), and it keeps trying to update. Here are the...