Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working.

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, this morning there was a windows update, so i restarted my laptop for it to update, and when i opened the laptop back up i noticed the spacebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Co3co, May 23, 2021.

1. Co3co Win User

Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working.

Hello, this morning there was a windows update, so i restarted my laptop for it to update, and when i opened the laptop back up i noticed the spacebar key was acting funny, if i press it once, it'll act like i'm holding it down and put a lot of spaces, and sometimes when i press it, it doesn't even

:)

Co3co, May 23, 2021
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, May 23, 2021
  3. laptop spacebar making 64 need help

my step son has a toshiba laptop. its not all that old. his keyboard started messing up. the spacebar when pressed in notpad/search etc it make the number 64. backspace gives a date stamp. the number 4 sometimes does 4 and sometimes does 64. im thinking he somehow pressed the wrong key and it inverted his keyboard somehow. but Me and laptops are like oil and water. help?

overclocking101, May 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working.

spacebar not working after updates

I have the same problem after the Windows 10 update yesterday. Here's what I did to troubleshoot (to no avail):

• rebooted
    • used canned spray
    • pressed "shift" five times to make sure "sticky keys" was not enabled, it wasn't
    • enabled the OSK (onscreen keyboard) and the spacebar does work on it, just not on my laptop
    • pressed spacebar in several places, held it down,
    None of these "fixes" work. Short of getting a wireless keyboard, does anyone have a solution?

This is very frustrating.

AllyRoberts, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working.

1. Windows 10 laptop Spacebar key not working. - Similar Threads - laptop Spacebar key

2. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  3. Spacebar and shift keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar and shift keys not working: Every so often, at least once a day, my spacebar will suddenly start turning down my volume, and my shift key will act as a backspace.If someone else tells me to "turn on/off sticky keys" or "check your accessibility settings" I will put them through a brick wall.There MUST...
  4. Spacebar and shift keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacebar and shift keys not working: Every so often, at least once a day, my spacebar will suddenly start turning down my volume, and my shift key will act as a backspace.If someone else tells me to "turn on/off sticky keys" or "check your accessibility settings" I will put them through a brick wall.There MUST...
  5. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  6. Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  7. My backspace and spacebar keys not working in the lenovo windows 10 laptop keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My backspace and spacebar keys not working in the lenovo windows 10 laptop keyboad.: Few days back my system got shut down due to no battery charge, I reopened my laptop after 3 days and found that my backspace key and space bar key are not woking . Pls give me solution to fix this ....
  8. Spacebar or Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Spacebar or Enter key is not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Spacebar and Enter keys are used the most times, and they go unnoticed by anybody who is using a computer. We only realize the value of these unsung heroes of our daily computing when they stop working. It is an [...] This post Spacebar or Enter key is not...
  9. Windows Key + Spacebar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + Spacebar not working: My language setting is English (UK). I use a US keyboard and can usually change the keyboard setting using the Widows Key plus spacebar. I normally use the PC with a standard account, but have a different Admin account to manage the PC. PC has just installed 2019-04...
  10. Toshiba satellite L755 laptop spacebar key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba satellite L755 laptop spacebar key not working: Hi, the spacebar on my toshiba l755 laptop isn't working. There is no response. Have removed spacekey and cleaned beneath, issue still occurs. Help please....