Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop stopped working.

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop stopped working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently, I decided to install a skinpack for windows ten (a friend showed it to me, and it looked neat), and it all worked out fine until the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Souls, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Souls Win User

Windows 10 laptop stopped working.

So recently, I decided to install a skinpack for windows ten (a friend showed it to me, and it looked neat), and it all worked out fine until the screen went black while it was installing, and me being impatient, I figured restarting my pc would fix it, or at least cancel/revert any changes made, but I was entirely wrong.
    Right now I'm making this thread on my phone while my laptop is on, showing a blank grey screen, and my mouse cursor. When I restart my pc, I can log into my user account that I set up on my laptop when I got it, but when I log in, the screen goes black for a while, then it goes grey.

I've tried everything, holding down the power button, removing the battery and putting it back in, ctrl+alt+del, nothing worked. I was hoping someone would know of a way to boot my laptop into safe mode (or whatever it's called) to see if that would work, or maybe tell me a way to reset my computer to factory settings without having access to the windows 10 settings program. I'd appreciate any help.

:)

Souls, Aug 26, 2016
  2. JoyRandel Win User

Laptop keyboard is freezing or not being recognized after Windows 10 Upgrade

We have a Toshiba laptop and a Lenovo laptop. We upgraded both of them to Windows 10. After the Windows 10 upgrade each laptop keyboard stopped working. The keyboards freeze and the keystrokes are not recognized. The touchpads still work.

JoyRandel, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Windows Media Player Problem in Windows 10

Windows Media Player does not work in my Windows 10 PC or laptop to rip an audio CD. Error message "Windows Media Player has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
    is available." The program worked as recently as two days ago on the laptop.

HenryPhelps, Aug 26, 2016
  4. UmmReally Win User

Sounds like your video driver is corrupt or set to an incompatible resolution. Try this:

• 1 Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power
      Windows 10 laptop stopped working. [​IMG]

> Restart.
    • 2 After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • 3 After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

(Retired Tier3 MS Debug Engineer)
    J

UmmReally, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop stopped working. - Similar Threads - laptop stopped working

2. Laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera stopped working: The USB2.0 HD webcam on my ASUS VivoBook stopped working. The light comes on when I try to join a Zoom, but no video image comes up. What can I do to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-stopped-working/654109bd-64a4-4d67-860a-de5e3c78098d
  3. Laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop camera stopped working: The USB2.0 HD webcam on my ASUS VivoBook stopped working. The light comes on when I try to join a Zoom, but no video image comes up. What can I do to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-stopped-working/654109bd-64a4-4d67-860a-de5e3c78098d
  4. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  5. touchscreen of laptop stopped working

touchscreen of laptop stopped working: suddenly , the touch screen of my laptop has stopped working. on checking the device manager i found usb code 43 error, are both the things related https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-of-laptop-stopped-working/d87fcdcc-e7df-43ba-9427-c1b8e59b1d7f
  6. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working: My Windows Key has, all of a sudden, stopped working. I use the key very frequently but now, pressing the key has no action. I tried using some windows key shortcuts like WIN + R but it ended up just responding to the R key, not the windows key. I have also seen solution...
  7. Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop: Hi all, i found this forum to ask for you kind help. My mail app on Lenovo with Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. It wouldnt show any accounts, and after googling the solution, i went into Settings and them Mail and Calendar and reset it. It didnt work, so i uninstalled...
  8. Updated laptop to Windows 10 and it stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated laptop to Windows 10 and it stopped working.: I have a HP laptop which is touch screen. It worked fine until I updated it to windows 10 I've restarted it, looked up things online, pretty much everything and nothing is working had warranty but it expired 6 months ago. Attached is where there the computer set up freezes....
  9. laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10: laptop keyboard stopped working and new one did not fix the issue. the shift and function keys work. I expect that it has something to do with language....
  10. Laptop stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop stops working: The service provider installed a Comfast Access Point to improve reception. My Ipads and the cell phone work better but my Laptop had problems It works well connected to the old router but as soon as I move to another room or outside it freezes and I lose the signal...