Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently had a Windows 10 laptop (Asus UX461) serving as a media server slow way down when its display turns off (to be clear, the laptop is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fueledbygin, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

I've recently had a Windows 10 laptop (Asus UX461) serving as a media server slow way down when its display turns off (to be clear, the laptop is not sleeping; the display is simply off).

I've also noticed that Windows 10 Power features in Control Panel have next to no options any longer (all the old stuff about processor state, etc). Wondering if there's a connection.

The drastic drop in speed is very, very obvious. I simply set an action on the media server that ensures high CPU usage, and toggle the display off and back on. The action is absolutely throttled after the display is turned off, and unthrottled when the display is turned back on.

Any ideas how I can prevent this laptop from throttling itself when the display is turned off?

submitted by /u/fueledbygin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fueledbygin, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

1. Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off - Similar Threads - Laptop Throttling Display

2. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  3. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  4. Windows 10 laptop Turn off/on display asking for login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 laptop Turn off/on display asking for login.: we are using windows 10 laptop. we enabled settings turn off display after particular time. but when laptop screen get turn off then I try to turn on it is asking me for login. because PC get locked. similar settings we done in Windows 7 but such issue not come in windows 7...
  5. Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors: Can anyone confirm if it's possible to tell Windows to turn off the laptop display when it's connected to two external monitors (with the monitors setup in extend mode)? I know this is possible when using one monitor but I can't find any confirmation of this working with two...
  6. Is there a way to turn off throttling when on battery power?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn off throttling when on battery power?: I have a Ryzen gaming laptop (2019) and when it is plugged in, it works just fine. But when unplugged, its just almost unusable. There are just so many stutters here and there even while scrolling. There are delays in opening apps. Also, dealing with text (selecting, deleting...
  7. Windows 10 not detecting when 2nd display is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not detecting when 2nd display is off: Hello, I have a TCL Roku TV I use as an external monitor. When selecting "Extend displays" in Settings, things work fine, but when I turn the TV off, Windows does not detect the change and continues to open applications on the monitor that is off. Is there a solution for...
  8. Notification when display if Off (Laptop)

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification when display if Off (Laptop): Hello All Not an issue but just a question Using build 1709. I chose not to go in sleep and display to go off when power cable is connected This mean computer keep running when display goes off, (Nightie_night_Sleepie_Sleepie *Smile) Now when i move touchpad or press...
  9. Display off - Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display off - Laptop: hey guys hope that it right place to ask: i use Dell laptop with windows 10 on my old pc with was with 8.1 i do right context menu display off but here it's not work. some ideas? 33464
  10. Power Throttling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Throttling in Windows 10: So I came across this page: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/power-...ing-windows-10 that talks about which processes use power throttling and when I follow the directions and click select columns I do not see an option to tick Power Throttling. Win 10 Pro. Anyone else who...