Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing.

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my Windows 10 Home Lenovo ideapad 330S has just updated to 1909. Now it keeps crashing with a blue screen with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. It then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertHorton4, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing.

Hi my Windows 10 Home Lenovo ideapad 330S has just updated to 1909. Now it keeps crashing with a blue screen with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. It then restarts but the problem just keeps repeating. Can I fix this or how can I stop the laptop from updating.

Thanks

Bob Horton

:)

RobertHorton4, Apr 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 13, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing.

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing.

1. Windows 10 Laptop updates to 1909 and now keeps crashing. - Similar Threads - Laptop updates 1909

2. Laptop keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps crashing: My laptop crashed today twice in a row based on the DMP files created. First time was while I was watching a video on chrome today, second time was shortly after though I don't remember as much about the second time. Pretty sure I had steam and possibly discord running both...
  3. Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing: Hi, Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing and says I need to "manually delete _PO_Vmware Workstation Pro No-Op" but I or "search" cannot find it. Please help! Thanks, Tony...
  4. My laptop can't update Windows 10, it keeps crashing

My laptop can't update Windows 10, it keeps crashing: Some time ago, Windows 10 stopped updating. Now she tries, but has errors. 0x80070652, 0x80246007, 0x80246013, 0x8007007e and more. Can anyone guide me on the right path to upgrade?...
  5. Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing: I have a dell laptop with windows 10. I accidentally ended the windows explorer task in task manager and my screen went black. I restarted my laptop but it keeps crashing on startup. I tried starting a new task explorer.exe but the same problem keeps happening....
  6. Windows update to 1909 keeps failing

Windows update to 1909 keeps failing: I found that automatic updates kept failing on my wife's computer. So I downloaded and ran the Windows installer and it failed with the following error code: Something went wrong. Here is the error code: 0x8007042b So, I ran a chkdsk /f, and it came up clean. Then I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro crashing after 1909 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro crashing after 1909 update: I finally updated my copy of windows 10 a couple of months ago and have had persistent instability ever since. I've been reading forums and trying to figure out what is causing windows to crash and the PC to reboot. I essentially use this computer as a HTPC that does some...
  8. Windows 10 1909 crashes.

Windows 10 1909 crashes.: Windows 10 build 1909 makes my computer crash. The screen suddenly turns black and the computer reboots. No message, blue screen, error message appear. My system was running fine from February until October 2019, and suddenly after Windows update into 1903 build, it...
  9. Laptop with Windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with Windows 10 keeps crashing: Laptop with Windows 10 keeps crashing sometimes due to Chrome and sometimes due to Windows 10. Have with advance restore removed last features update; deleted driver updates from suspect driver scanner; checked video drivers and they have latest versions. In addition,...
  10. Windows 10 Update not compatible with laptop and keeps crashing it.

Windows 10 Update not compatible with laptop and keeps crashing it.: My laptop won't update for months now. I have stopped and disabled windows update hundreds of times in order to keep my laptop going and NOW I am unable to stop and disable updates. HELP!!!!!!!...