Windows 10: WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate.

Discus and support WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had this problem with my old laptop - vintage 2009 Asus with Nvidia GTX 260M, for a while. The problem is after most updates the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by imawsog, Sep 14, 2019.

1. imawsog Win User

WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate.

I have had this problem with my old laptop - vintage 2009 Asus with Nvidia GTX 260M, for a while. The problem is after most updates the display sometime becomes black and unresponsive. Sometime only the individual application screen becomes black, the borders are sill visible, can run commands on a shell but do not see anything other than black At this point the laptop no only requires reboot , but removal of battery and power for sometime before reboot. Have been looking for a better solution - but have to found any yet

:)

imawsog, Sep 14, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

WIndows 10 laptop   very often  needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Laptop Battery

The battery should last about 3 hours, I still think it's a Windows power managment setting check this link for info

http://support.microsoft.com/search...False&x=10&y=12&query=laptop power management

This is a long list of known problems, maybe you can find the correct one knowing more of your symptoms

Link for new battery

http://www.camcorderbattery.ca/laptop-batteries/acer.htm

Namslas90, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate. - Similar Threads - laptop very often

2. laptop needed to remove battery to switch on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop needed to remove battery to switch on: I have sony vaio laptop of 2012 and everytime i turn it on by pressing the power button, it just doesn't turn on. I have to mannualy remove the battery and put it back to turn on my laptop. Do anyone know how to fix this??...
  3. laptop needed to remove battery to switch on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop needed to remove battery to switch on: I have sony vaio laptop of 2012 and everytime i turn it on by pressing the power button, it just doesn't turn on. I have to mannualy remove the battery and put it back to turn on my laptop. Do anyone know how to fix this??...
  4. laptop needed to remove battery to switch on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop battery draining very fast after repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery draining very fast after repairing Windows 10: Hi Team, Below is the report generated of my laptop battery. Earlier the battery lasted for more than 4 hrs but now the battery discharges very fast within 2 hrs. Following is the configuration of my HP Laptop Windows 10 SL home, Intel i5 10210U 8gb RAM, 1tb HDD, 500gb...
  6. BSOD Very often.

BSOD Very often.: So, I updated my windows and installed a New SSD and Ram. Now I'm getting BSOD very often, like every 30 min If I play games or 2 hrs browsing web. I have created a minidump but I don't know how to analyze it myself. please help if you can. Thank you. Mini Dump File...
  7. WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN

WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN: Received the below mentioned error when checking the event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. Kindly assist. It is quite freqent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-rebooting-often/817ce241-9a75-41cd-b702-8160d5bea56e
  8. PC recognition on W10 Network often needs a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC recognition on W10 Network often needs a reboot: I am using a W10 Home Peer to Peer network, Often a remote PC needs to be rebooted to be visible on the 'network' on other PC's Is there a way to automate this - like all PC's restarting something regulary?...
  9. System reboots often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System reboots often: My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reboots-often/1b6da7f4-dc43-4c6d-a5ca-09bed1c90dc3
  10. Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often

Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often: So I am getting the dreaded BSOD on my quite new computer all the time. It can be when trying to import 360 videos, when exiting a newer game or using an office program (word, excel etc). I have done tests on my RAM, which found no errors. I have also run the sfc check which...