Windows 10: windows 10 laptop with external monitor

Discus and support windows 10 laptop with external monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; just installed a laptop connected to dock with external monitor, mouse & keyboard everything seems to work fine during the day. my problem is every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bnewt, Nov 15, 2019.

1. bnewt Win User

windows 10 laptop with external monitor

just installed a laptop connected to dock with external monitor, mouse & keyboard
    everything seems to work fine during the day. my problem is every morning
    I try to use the keyboard or mouse to wake up the laptop & monitor. nothing works until I hit the power button on the dock

what settings do I need to change to correct this?

:)

bnewt, Nov 15, 2019

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 laptop with external monitor - Similar Threads - laptop external monitor

2. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  3. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  4. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  5. ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 won't detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 won't detect external monitor: Hello, I have an ASUS X540UA-DB71 Laptop running Windows 10. I am attempting to connect it to a external Dell P2419H monitor direct via HDMI cable. I have updated all drivers to the latest. When connected, the computer does not detect the monitor, and the monitor does not...
  6. External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor For HP Laptop ?: Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get hime a "real" good size monitor for it. Should be better, I would imagine, than...
  7. External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    External Monitor For HP Laptop ?: Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get hime a "real" good size monitor for it. Should be better, I would imagine, than...
  8. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop: I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's "desktop" shows up on the TV screen, nothing else that I am doing on the computer (PowerPoint or otherwise). Any idea why?...
  9. External monitor is not working with my Windows 10 laptop

External monitor is not working with my Windows 10 laptop: I have a small HP laptop with Windows 10. Everything works except I cannot get an external monitor to work. The external monitor used to work with this laptop. I know the external monitor and HDMI cable still work because I tried with a different computer. With my Windows 10...
  10. Laptop External Monitor Problem

Laptop External Monitor Problem: A have a HP ProBook 450 G2(2015) connected via HDMI to an external monitor LGM2762D I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10approximately two months ago Every morning when I start the laptop itappears to take approximately 20 minutes to synchronize with my externalmonitor I have...