Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend's laptop had windows 10 re-installed by a computer shop, but they put in the wrong one. Installed PRO and the machine has a digital licence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulHooper1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition

A friend's laptop had windows 10 re-installed by a computer shop, but they put in the wrong one. Installed PRO and the machine has a digital licence for HOME. Cannot activate it, of course. He asked me to help, and has purchased a boxed full copy of Windows 10 home (microsoft usb & correct new product key). Trying to install and revert the machine back to Windows 10 home. Could not get the usb to work, error about corrupt driver but no other helpful message. I have downloaded a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft hoping I can install this and put in the correct product key, but laptop won't boot from the usb. Anyone help?

:)

PaulHooper1, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 18, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition

Windows 10 Lean Edition

Windows Lean Edition

Microsoft’s next version of Window 10, currently codenamed Redstone 5, will include a new “Lean edition” designed for devices with less storage space. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the new edition will be offered to OEMs to load onto low-cost laptops and tablets. Windows Central first reported that the edition will be available for devices with 16GB of storage, and it’s primarily designed to ensure these machines still receive Windows updates...

Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition capture-png.png

Just for Laughs... "Windows Lean-Pocket Edition" - LoL like Hot-Pockets *Laugh :laugh:​

rk3066, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition

1. Windows 10 laptop with wrong windows edition - Similar Threads - laptop wrong edition

2. Windows 10 activated with wrong edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activated with wrong edition: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop after replacing the SSD. The mother board on the laptop is still the same.The laptop came with a Windows 10 Pro license which it had on installed on the old SSD.After installing Windows on a new SSD and logging in with the same...
  3. Windows 10 activated with wrong edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activated with wrong edition: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop after replacing the SSD. The mother board on the laptop is still the same.The laptop came with a Windows 10 Pro license which it had on installed on the old SSD.After installing Windows on a new SSD and logging in with the same...
  4. Windows 10 activated with wrong edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changed hardware and ended up with the wrong Windows 10 edition

Changed hardware and ended up with the wrong Windows 10 edition: I had to do a fresh reboot of Windows and selected Windows 10 Home not realizing my old account had a digital key for Windows 10 Education. Is there a way to upgrade to Education without having to wipe everything out?...
  6. windows installed on wrong laptop

windows installed on wrong laptop: How do I correct my windows 10 pro being installed on my old laptop and not on my new one ? which i didn't know that it was doing automatically since i was working on my old one in office while setting up my new lenovo yoga......please help...
  7. Windows account shows wrong edition of windows 10

Windows account shows wrong edition of windows 10: Yesterday, my computer suddenly reported that my version of Windows was not activated. When I go to the activation tab in update and security, it says I have Windows Enterprise edition. I don't The machine came with Windows 10 home installed and I haven't changed anything....
  8. Wrong Windows Edition installed

Wrong Windows Edition installed: Hello all, I sent my laptop for repairs and the technician installed Windows Pro but my license is for a Windows Home edition How do I go about activation?...
  9. Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset

Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset: This is a new laptop running Windows 10 HOME. This happened after I had to configure my laptop for school usage. After configuration, the edition changed to Windows 10 EDUCATION. There was an error and I had to restart from scratch after certain files were not there. I...
  10. Wrong Windows edition is activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong Windows edition is activated: Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro through Windows store. After installation and restart, found Windows Enterprise Evaluation version is installed and activation error 0xC004F213 is showing up in Settings->Activation. How to get Windows Pro installed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows edition is wrong