Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarckKentucky, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web browsing create power point etc and the UI is so slow opening apps are slow opening folder etc up to the point that the laptop was barely unusable up to unusable so i open task manager and the disk is running 100% the whole time it wont go down so i wait a couple of hours still the disk is 100% i restarted many times and still its usable up to unusable state and still the disk is still 100% the whole time i am using it so i tried scanning with anti virus but it says its clean so the worst part i did run disk cleanup i check all listed with temporary files listed on it about (4GB) but it did not run smoothly it runs about 5-6 hrs or so i checked if i freed about 4gb and it deducted now so i cancelled it since i gain a free space and after that the laptop is totally frozen so i decided to press the power button turn off to continue the next morning then as i boot up i got the error says boot manager failed so i tried to go to the BIOS and reset to defaults and it says applying automatic repair so i waited for more hours but no luck the laptop wont boot anymore i got only backlight no display sad part i dont have any system repair disc and the windows 10 oem partition backup btw i have windows 10 version 1809 4gb RAM

:)

MarckKentucky, Jul 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2019
  3. drexo Win User
    acer 7750g wont boot anymore

hi there,

ive got an acer 7750g laptop that kept giving me blue screen error about the HD so i figured i would put in a new one, al went well installed new windows on it and after installation reboot the laptop wont come on anymore.

all it does is make the LED-light in the power button flash 5 times and then its dead again.

hope anyone here could help, would be very gratefull!

thanks

drexo, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

1. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore - Similar Threads - Laptop wont boot

2. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  3. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  4. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...
  6. Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...
  7. Laptop wont go to sleep anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wont go to sleep anymore: I have an Asus ROG Strix G732 17" laptop with an i9 and a 2080 Super running Windows 10. I've noticed that it won't go to sleep anymore. I've gone through every tip that google has tried to give me with no success, so I thought I'd turn here so I could explain what I've tried...
  8. Windows 10 wont boot anymore (automatic repair won’t load)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot anymore (automatic repair won’t load): [IMG] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxn0zp/windows_10_wont_boot_anymore_automatic_repair/
  9. Laptop wont boot to Windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop wont boot to Windows 10 after reset: I have a Dell laptop that I recently wiped the info off of since I was selling it. I chose the Windows option to Reset and delete files. Now the new buyer cannot get into windows. He gets to a screen that has him type in the country, language etc, then it goes to a blue...
  10. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore: It's a little complicated. As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to start is the XP. I tried a lot of methods to boot into windows 10 but the partition it is on is not the default. Because of...