Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having issues with connecting to Wi-Fi AGAIN. I have an HP Notebook 15 laptop and the day before yesterday, my laptop was forced to update. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by What You Want M8, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

I'm having issues with connecting to Wi-Fi AGAIN. I have an HP Notebook 15 laptop and the day before yesterday, my laptop was forced to update. It was fine yesterday but today, when I turned on my laptop and tried to log in and got a blue screen. It said something about IQR or something and when it restarted, it said that no Wi-Fi networks could be found.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapter but that didn't work. I tried entering those five lines of code in the command prompt like I did last time. It didn't work. I did a network reset, went to services and made sure WLAN Config had started. I did a troubleshoot, restarted my DNS Client and NONE of that worked.

Just like last time, my laptop, when I go through the Control Panel, doesn't detect that I can use Wi-Fi. My Ethernet adapter is listed but my Wi-Fi adapter isn't.

And before you ask, YES, my Wi-Fi network is working for ALL other devices except for my laptop. NO, I do not have a virus, nor have I recently installed anything.

Please respond as quickly as you can. I have things that need to get done ASAP.

:)

What You Want M8, Oct 11, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Marivel Man, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

1. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Laptop Won't Connect

2. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Wi-Fi: Hello,I am having a problem connecting my win10 laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T460 to any wi-fi network since a couple of days ago. I recently got a new xfinity router and this laptop won't connect to wi-fi since then. All other devices in the house connect without issue. I have...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Wi-Fi: Hello,I am having a problem connecting my win10 laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T460 to any wi-fi network since a couple of days ago. I recently got a new xfinity router and this laptop won't connect to wi-fi since then. All other devices in the house connect without issue. I have...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  6. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  7. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

8. Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.: My laptop was connected to my Wi-Fi. I'll call it X. I was watching YouTube when my Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected. I got the globe that says it's disconnected. So I tried to connect back to it, and it said it couldn't connect. Strangely enough, my phone was connected to Wi-Fi...
  9. Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically

Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically: This is has only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Even though I place a tick in the "Connect Automatically" check box, it never connects automatically after a restart. I have tried Googling for ideas, but nothing that I have found works. Any...
  10. No Wi-Fi connection Window 10

No Wi-Fi connection Window 10: Hi, I have no Wi-Fi connection, and when I check IP Configuration it states...................... Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi : Media state......................................... : Media disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area...