Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070 As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/34HoldOn, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs

Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070

As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it usually will the first time or two. But after that, the screen will shut off, the power and GPU buttons will still be lit, and the PC will effectively hang. After 5 minutes or so, the PC will shut off. When you turn it back on, it is indeed booting up from a cold boot. nothing that I had open was saved.

I have disabled virtually everything that was running at startup. I've disabled any third party modifications . I have run SFC scannow and repaired/restarted, I've checked and troubleshot power settings. I ran CHKDSK/f, restarted. I never use Fast Startup (and double checked it), so that's irrelevant. Nothing works.

I checked Event Viewer, and get a "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0XC00000001" error. I Googled that, but didn't come across anything especially helpful, besides the "Probably a driver causing it" response.

The timestamp is 5 minutes after I attempted hibernate. This would indicate that it fails to enter hibernate after five minutes, and BSODs. But this is all with the screen having shut off, so I don't see it.

I ran whoCrashed, and the most recent crashes indicate the same error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in the NTOSKRNL.EXE file. It is coming from the kernel, of course. I will post the output here, but it does not indicate any specific hardware driver that is causing it. just a generic kernel panic.

This week, I've had both an NVidia GeForce driver update, and a Windows update on this PC. I clean uninstalled, and reinstalled a previous NVidia driver, but that didn't work. And the WhoCrashed analysis said that no offending third party drivers were found. I was wondering if anyone had any other advice, or knew of this problem.

WhoCrashed output:

On Sat 2/8/2020 16:57:22 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020820-7046-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFC00F6AA55060, 0xFFFFE3069123F7B0, 0xFFFFC0005A46BDE0)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2/8/2020 16:39:07 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020820-7031-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFAB0EEC5CA570, 0xFFFFE68A84E4F7B0, 0xFFFFAB0EF37CB8A0)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

submitted by /u/34HoldOn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/34HoldOn, Feb 10, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs

1. Windows 10 laptop won't go into hibernate, eventually BSODs - Similar Threads - laptop won't hibernate

2. HIBERNATE, windows 11 - WHAT triggers it to go into hibernation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIBERNATE, windows 11 - WHAT triggers it to go into hibernation?: HIBERNATE, windows 11 home.new machine.I've used hibernate for many years. I use a program called AllOff, because IT was CONSISTENT in detecting keyboard and mouse inactivity, but windows itself was not.Now, with windows 11, i'd like to RELY on microsoft detection of...
  3. Windows 10 won't hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't hibernate: When pressing the hibernate option it just locks my PC, turns off the display and that's it. It doesn't actually hibernate like it used to. I'm not exactly sure but I think the last time windows hibernated normally was before I switched my windows installation from MBR to GPT...
  4. Windows 10 laptop going to Hibernate mode Automatically

Windows 10 laptop going to Hibernate mode Automatically: Hello Everyone,I have a problem going on with my win10 laptop that it goes to hibernate mode automatically. No programs are closed or gone, but still it is a waste of time to boot up the computer repeatedly. It displays "Locking..." for a few milliseconds and then screen...
  5. Windows 10 on lenovo laptop won't turn off or hibernate

Windows 10 on lenovo laptop won't turn off or hibernate: Hi everyone and thanks in advance.The laptop does not fully shuts down or hibernate.The power button light stays on.Nothing else operates. I have to force shut down by pressing the power button.Also after hibernation the windows and tasks are not preserved.Edition Windows 10...
  6. Laptop going into hibernation mode , randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop going into hibernation mode , randomly: The new update of windows 10 2004 causing my pc to go in hibernation mode , when extensive usage of GPUs happen my product - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx. , graphic card - nvedia 1650 and radeon vega 8 , ram -8gb , before the the update it was running good but now the...
  7. Laptop won't hibernate after updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't hibernate after updating to Windows 10 2004: Just updated gun 1909 to 2004. I am facing this issue where my laptop doesn't hibernate, instead it just locks down. And that's it. I've tried troubleshooting the power option and updating the drivers. Any idea? submitted by /u/ri8UpuRs [link] [comments]...
  8. windows doesn't go hibernate

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't go hibernate: Hi firstly sorry about my bad english. i have a problem with my windows. when i hibernate my laptop it doesn't go hibernate. screen become off and on after some seconds. i have no choice except shut down . regards....
  9. Freezup and eventually BSOD windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezup and eventually BSOD windows: Hi all, After i updated my computer to windows 10 the machine got slower real fast. After for example we are browsing the net or doing a scan with malwarebytes the machine freezes up. The only way to get out is an hard power down of the machine. Now recently I tried to...
  10. Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on

Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on: So pretty much my title. This used to be a really common issue, then it stopped doing it on it's own. Last night it started back up. Now, I know with such machinery, nothing really happens "on it's own", but... I've made no changes to any settings, downloaded no...