Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Won’t Go to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Won’t Go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey so for the last couple of days my laptop hasn’t been going to sleep. I tried going to power options, and also checking to make sure my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ASEBTV, Jul 16, 2021.

1. ASEBTV Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Won’t Go to sleep

Hey so for the last couple of days my laptop hasn’t been going to sleep. I tried going to power options, and also checking to make sure my mouse doesn’t turn it on but still it doesn’t go to sleep.Any help?

:)

ASEBTV, Jul 16, 2021

2. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Jul 16, 2021
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jul 16, 2021
  4. JCDrives Win User

Laptop won`t sleep

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start
    menu is open with the mouse cursor over the sleep button). But that is not all. When the laptop does decide to go to sleep, when I turn it back on it acts as if I turned it off and back on and closes everything I had open before it going to sleep.

I`ve already tried all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked.

To note about the laptop:

Asus ROG GL-551JW

I`ve installed a new SSD (240GB Crucial SSD) last September (old one died) and a new (directly from Microsoft) windows 10 install. The problem started about a month and a half after installing the SSD.

JCDrives, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Laptop Won’t Go to sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Won’t sleep

2. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  3. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  4. Laptop not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not going to sleep: I have just completed a full/clean re-install Win10 Pro 64Bit 21H1 (Pro vers installed as per the Windows key associated with the laptop) of my elderly father in-laws laptop after he was hacked on Tuesday. The hackers tried to steal some money from his bank A/C (blocked by...
  5. Laptop won’t sleep properly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won’t sleep properly.: My laptop will not sleep properly. When attempting to put it in rest mode it stays on, but the display is off and I can’t use it at all unless fully powering it off and turning it back on. I have an Acer Aspire 15. Sometimes my laptop sleeps properly, but most of the time the...
  6. Computer won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t go to sleep: Something in the system isn’t letting my computer go to sleep and I’ve tried everything, I’m open to tip because I have it set to 5 minutes until it should go to sleep but it will stay on all day. submitted by /u/SilverPhantom66 [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer won’t go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer won’t go to sleep!: My Windows 10 desktop is set to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity in the power settings, but it rarely goes to sleep even if I haven’t used it for much greater than two hours. Not a major issue but I would like to know why. Nothing else is apparently running that...
  8. Laptop won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep: Whenever I close the lid or manually tell my laptop to go to sleep the screen turns off but the computer is still running. The only way to turn it off is to hard press the power button and force it to shut down. If I start my pc in safe mode the same problem appears. Here...
  9. PC won’t go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t go into sleep.: I’ve had my desktop for a few months now and it’s never had this problem. Whenever I want to put the PC into sleep mode, I click the Windows button, then power, then sleep. Usually the monitor will go black followed by the mouse and keyboard lights turning off. The fans will...
  10. Windows 10 won’t go to Sleep – Legacy Kernel Caller

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t go to Sleep – Legacy Kernel Caller: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Does the display of your computer turn on all of a sudden? No matter how many time you put it to sleep, it always wakes up. Windows 10 computer Sleep state is built such that only if it’s essential, it wakes [...] This post Windows 10 won’t go to Sleep –...