Windows 10: Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It seems after a windows update goes on our dell laptops that the sound gets a red x on the icon. the only way to get the sound back is my logging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeanCartisano, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop

It seems after a windows update goes on our dell laptops that the sound gets a red x on the icon. the only way to get the sound back is my logging into meraki and sending the command. What update is breaking the sound? There are 3 of us searching for a resolution, any help would be appreciated

:)

JeanCartisano, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 13, 2018
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop

1. Windows 10 laptops received windows updates and breaks the sound on laptop - Similar Threads - laptops received updates

2. Can a windows update break my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a windows update break my laptop?: I installed two new windows update on November 17, 2023. A few hours later, my laptop got the blue screen error. Ever since then, my laptop no longer notifies me when the battery is low. It used to notify me when it hits 20%. Now it'll notify me below 20% and a few seconds...
  3. Can a windows update break my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a windows update break my laptop?: I installed two new windows update on November 17, 2023. A few hours later, my laptop got the blue screen error. Ever since then, my laptop no longer notifies me when the battery is low. It used to notify me when it hits 20%. Now it'll notify me below 20% and a few seconds...
  4. Will Windows 10 22H2 Update break my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 22H2 Update break my laptop?: It is waiting to be installed, I've noticed many problems with it on microsoft answers. Also noticed that it may cause memory integrity and core isolation to become greyed out and unusable. I really don't want to break my only computer....
  5. Will Windows 10 22H2 Update break my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 22H2 Update break my laptop?: It is waiting to be installed, I've noticed many problems with it on microsoft answers. Also noticed that it may cause memory integrity and core isolation to become greyed out and unusable. I really don't want to break my only computer....
  6. Will Windows 10 22H2 Update break my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update Breaking my laptop

Windows update Breaking my laptop: After the december 2020 windows update KB 4586781 my laptop goes into blue screen whea uncorectable error. As soon as I open my website nextotech to edit, it restarts with blue screen....
  8. Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking

Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking: I have been unable to update windows for a month or two now because every time I do, my sounds get all messed up, where some sounds are far too loud and others are far too low. Sometimes certain sounds can be loud while others are too low in the same program/game/etc. Turning...
  9. no sound on laptop after window 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound on laptop after window 10 update: no sound on laptop after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-laptop-after-window-10-update/5b24ed4a-af1a-4f24-b503-5b3125754f4c
  10. No sound on laptop, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on laptop, Windows 10: I got this laptop about three weeks ago. Then this week, I noticed that all of sudden there is no sound. I have updated the drivers. Still no sound. I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the drivers. Still no sound. I keep looking for a restore point to remove any recent...