Windows 10: Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

Discus and support Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have for several weeks now had an issue with my explorer. I believe I first noticed it after running a pc cleanup utility that I have since deleted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthew Youmans, May 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

I have for several weeks now had an issue with my explorer. I believe I first noticed it after running a pc cleanup utility that I have since deleted, and can't for the life of me remember the name of it was likely malware. I have run several malware cleaning utilities now including windows defender, malwarebytes, adwcleaner, and another a friend advised; "Emsisoft". I don't feel I have an active infection, but whatever damage was done to explorer appears permanent.Pictured above, instead of any kind of icon or thumbnail, when in Large/XL views, the icon area is completely blank. 1. It's not

:)

Matthew Youmans, May 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 29, 2021
  3. Wurmkampf Win User
    Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

Alright, I was doing some routine cleaning with Ccleaner two days ago, and one of the areas cleaned was the Thumbnail cache.

When it finished, I discovered that in Large View mode, none of my icons or thumbnails regenerated. I can still see them in Medium, Small, Tiles, Details, etc. but not Large or Extra Large.

Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing. 18143078-46ea-49af-a7a5-48e855bdee4d?upload=true.png

I made sure the check box "Display only icons, never thumbnails" was unchecked, and even checked and re-un-checked it to make sure. I also tried the suggestion of running Disk Cleanup and clearing the Thumbnail cache again, no dice. Another article suggested
    some registry edits to set those filetypes back to factory default settings (jpeg, png, etc) but all that did was reset their program association from Irfanview back to Windows Photo Viewer. Finally I tried installing Icaros and managing my thumbnail cache
    with it. Still no luck. Of course after each of these solutions I rebooted the machine. So far nothing has worked. Help please? What makes this issue extra weird for me is that only Large/Extra Large View is affected, and that the default icons are missing
    as well as the thumbnails.

Wurmkampf, May 29, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

Missing Thumbnails and icon loss in the taskbar

Hi Ian,

It's really odd that the thumbnails and icons went missing without any changes made on the computer. There could be an update that causes it, or a 3rd party application can also be the culprit. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolate
    your concern. We would like to know the what happened when you run the scan disk. We also suggest that you list down the commands that you've run in the command prompt.

In the meantime, you may want to perform a clean boot by following the steps in this
    article. It is for your computer to start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs that
    may be causing the issue. The steps are at the bottom of the page, simply click the version of Windows you're using. You can also try to manually re-add the icons on the taskbar by searching in start menu.

Carlos Tin, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

1. Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing. - Similar Threads - Large Icons Thumbnails

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Larger image thumbnail than extra large icon in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Larger image thumbnail than extra large icon in Win 10?: Hi, is there a way to make the image thumbnails large than the 'extra large icon' in Win 10 without hiding the image name? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9b8ib/larger_image_thumbnail_than_extra_large_icon_in/
  5. Desktop showing XL icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop showing XL icons: When turn on PC today ,desktop icons were XL.right click and check mark small icons,nothing change.Restart PC and red screen with wavy lines come on and load large icons . Open System restore and choose Nov.17 point of restoring. Now it’s over 3 hours and still is restoring...
  6. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown: Hey, after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working. Whenever I choose large or extra large thumbnails in the View option of the explorer they are not shown or they are only shown until I refresh / close the...
  7. Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.: Hi guys, Got a weird issue with a friends computer. A few weeks ago she said that all the icons disappeared so I jumped on teamviewer to check it out and found that in Windows Explorer, viewing large or extra large icons shows the icons as totally blank (all file types and...
  8. Windows 10 icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 icon thumbnails: hi. sorry if i posted in wrong section. i have windows 10 pro x64 on my laptop with 4GB of ram. when i open a folder which contains programs (exe files), all icons are white (empty) and it slowely generate thumbnails of icons, the main problem is: this progress repeats...
  9. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge: Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at...
  10. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...