Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER.

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Dear Windows 10 Support Team, I am writing to you in the hope that you can help me resolve the issue I'm having with the latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slimchico, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Slimchico Win User

WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER.

Hello.

Dear Windows 10 Support Team,

I am writing to you in the hope that you can help me resolve the issue I'm having with the latest Windows 10 update.

I have a "hacked" computer - it is an iMac with Windows 10 installed (LEGALLY). My Broadcom Wifi Adapter stopped working properly after the OS sneakily installed some updates.

COULD YOU FIX THIS?

I am running an important business from that iMac.

The issue boils down to the fact that my WiFi Adapter (Broadcom, iMac late 2016) can see and connect to any network inside my home, BUT, there is no internet connection available to the WiFi Adapter. The issue has something to do with getting an IP number from my router.

With the warmest regards,

Slimchico.

:)

Slimchico, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER. [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Nov 9, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER.

1. WINDOWS 10 LAST UPDATE (NOVEMBER 2018) BROKE MY WIFI ROUTER. - Similar Threads - LAST UPDATE NOVEMBER

2. Last update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  3. Last Update broke my computer

Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...
  4. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi: Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro. What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer...
  5. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi: Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro. What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer...
  6. November 2018 update

November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  7. WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate: Hi, After Windows 10 November 14, 2018 update, My WIFI is not working. Tried reinstalling the drivers. However, no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-working-after-windows-10-november-2018/32b09c57-604e-4548-9001-79f36ca748c0
  8. windows 10 November 2 2018 update

windows 10 November 2 2018 update: ok downloaded the most recent update for November and didn't use the computer for a few days, when I got back on , I discovered that I couldn't get on line, could not access the internet even though I was supposedly connected. I got a do not recognize DNS server cannot...
  9. the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit: mouse auto click...please fix this shit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-windows-10-november-13th-2018-is-a/e4d2c494-d36d-4bfa-9c49-c0a1aa9496e6
  10. November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in November 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...