Windows 10: Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

Discus and support Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yep, 12.1 Feature Levels. Its shown that for me for a few drivers now. [img] I'll let you know if I can run at normal clocks again after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by specialkone, May 21, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

Yep, 12.1 Feature Levels. Its shown that for me for a few drivers now.

Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime? [​IMG]

I'll let you know if I can run at normal clocks again after my gaming session tonight.

blackroseMD1, Jul 22, 2015
  2. Geneo Win User

I have just switched over to Windows 10 and a new gtx 970 (single) trying out gaming to see if it works and if I want to upgrade to Windows 10 right away. I am using le latest NVidia that came out yesterday. I am playing a bit older games like bioshock infinite an even quake 3 (with DSR 3840 x 2400 and MFAA LOL). I also played bioshock with DSR. So far I haven't had any issues but it is too early to tell. I have also run heaven and valley benches for a significant time with no issues (and this is OC).

Geneo, Jul 22, 2015
  3. What brand of GTX970 are you running, and does it have a factory overclock or did you OC it manually?

4. Geneo Win User

Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

MSI 370 970 Gaming 4G. It is overclocked and I have also overclocked it to 1450 MHz/7400 MHz.

I just ran Borderland 2 at DSR 2x (I have 1920 x 1200 and ran at 3840 x 2400 DSR) and it seems to work fine too..

Geneo, Jul 22, 2015
  5. Cool. Thanks for the info. Going to do some testing with my Gigabyte G1's then.

6. I've been playing GTA V with my clocks set to stock factory OC settings for the last 4.5 hours and no lockups. I can't say that the problem is definitely solved, but I'm able to run my cards in SLI without underclocking for 4+ hours, which is a first for me on DX12 drivers.

7. Good stuff, thanks blackrose. Hope the same holds true for Kepler. Figure I'll be able to see numerous posts and evaluate based on all my hardware after the 29th.

specialkone, Jul 22, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

I'm guessing the drivers coming next week for the W10 launch will include Kepler optimizations.

blackroseMD1, Jul 23, 2015
  9. Thanks for posting this blackrose. I haven't specifically tried any PC gaming on Windows 10 as I have been specifically hammering out the Xbox One to Windows 10 streaming. Thank goodness this is coming since my rig and my game lappy both have nVIDIA.

BlauUmlaut, Jul 23, 2015
  10. XB1 to PC streaming has actually made me consider picking up and Xbox One. I may do that once Red Dead Redemption is added to the backwards compatibility list.

blackroseMD1, Jul 23, 2015
  11. Nemix Win User
    Skylake's IGP will be DirectX 12.0 capable, also might be better with new DirectX API's being able to use the Integrated GPU to boost performance of the discrete GPU in DirectX 12 optimized games that make use of the Multiadapter feature Microsoft is claiming with DirectX 12.

Source: DirectX 12 will be able to use your integrated GPU to improve performance - PC Gamer

Nemix, Jul 24, 2015
  12. Geneo Win User
    Yep, 12..1 - not that it is that significant at this point in time.

Geneo, Jul 24, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

Oh boy. Even at the last minute before W10 launch Nvidia "oh ya, there's an SLI driver problem, we agree and we are going to root cause that sucker".

Microsoft IMHO by forcing hardware driver updates has taken responsibility for these drivers. Do you think with the web full of this issue that they have figured out yet that the latest driver Nvidia (maybe others) passes to them is a nightmare for many users, often depending on specific hardware or configuration.

Blackrose: do you know if that tool to stop windows updates once set will stop all coming Nvidia drivers or does it have to be dealt with and used for each new driver release that Microsoft tries to force on us?

said: said:ManuelG said:Yeah we will be posting the Windows 10 353.62 driver on our website as well soon. Those drivers are going in the right way, it did not crash my PC after hours of gaming, but there's still an issue with SLI and VRAM, most game are shown to use more than the 4GB of my 970s, which causes big stutters as it swaps memory from RAM to VRAM.

When will proper SLI drivers be out ? Windows 10 is out tomorrow and many players use SLI...
    Same SLI problem for me with 3x Titan X. It is impossible to play BF4 and Hardline. Getting DX error and low memory .

Oh, wow-this sucks! I hope NVIDIA fixes this issue!

We are investigating this problem. We do have a repro and our software devs are root causing the problem. Attachments

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 3 minutes ago

specialkone, Jul 27, 2015
  14. Honestly, I haven't had any SLI issues at all with the last couple of Nvidia drivers.

As for the driver blocking tool, it should be a run once type thing and will continue to block new drivers via WU.

blackroseMD1, Jul 27, 2015
  15. Thanks. Hope it only has to be blocked once.

They are referring specifically to BF4 on the SLI issue. That is really (maybe BF3 also but I returned Hardline) the only FPS PC game I care about. Incredible graphics and a game that utilizes both GPU's. Not the console port/COD crap with mickey mouse graphic and one GPU that's asleep all the time.

I have the BenQ Xl2720Z monitor. That's 27 inch at 1080P. 60, 100, 120, 144 HZ. I use 120. With the Nvidia 347.25 driver and older (which I need to stop Microsoft in their wisdom from updating) I'm often pushing 120 frames at full Ultra settings with minimums in the 90's. It's a thing of beauty, even from a few xbox guys I let try it out.

Do you have BF4? If yes, please see how it's running in SLI.

specialkone, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

1. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime? - Similar Threads - Latest Build Gamers

2. Latest windows 10 Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 Build: 12-17-2020 my computer did a download of Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build andSCREWED MY COMPUTER UP. BEWARE!!!!!! It has taken me most of TODAY to finally get my system to go back to the last build 1909.WHY?? Because the download had me running so...
  3. Build 19041 Version 20H1: There is said to be something in this build for gamers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 19041 Version 20H1: There is said to be something in this build for gamers...: For further information, please refer to: https://www.neowin.net/news/how-to-enable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-on-windows-10-may-2020-update...
  4. Windows 10 gamer edition ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 gamer edition ?: it's true microsoft is going to release a windows 10 edition specifically designed for pc gamers? if yes when microsoft is going to release it?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-gamer-edition/b4a9a343-d40f-47ea-9074-3e2bdfbb1c93
  5. Windows 10 1803 Latest Build

Windows 10 1803 Latest Build: Hi There: Where can i download the latest Media Creation Tool for the above subject? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1803-latest-build/afdaba25-9abb-46e0-8585-7249496bfb46
  6. Windows 10 Latest build (1809)

Windows 10 Latest build (1809): I am chasing up to get the latest windows 10 build. When i can expect the updated release for download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-build-1809/615e825d-d927-4f00-93cf-cb6a7fcb95b5
  7. Windows 10 1803 Latest Build

Windows 10 1803 Latest Build: Hi There: Where can i download the latest Media Creation Tool for the above subject? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-1803-latest-build/79e0b9e7-3d13-4b6c-8454-4b653df9805b
  8. Windows 10 Latest Build Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Latest Build Problem: Hi there. Yesterday , i have upgraded my windows 10 pro to latest build 10586 using windows update. after upgrading something changed in my start menu which i dont like , and i want to bring it back . now , when i right-click on my start menu , it shows a black...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing: Microsoft has already shipped Windows 10 Preview build 9841 to users, but the company continues work on new versions that should be released for everyone in the coming weeks and months. Windows 10 build 9855 has recently been spotted online, confirming that a new testing...
  10. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?: Windows 10 has been available to the public for six months this week. By the numbers, it's been a hit, with 200 million active users as of the first of the year. Here's Ed Bott's midterm report card. Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public six months ago this week...