Windows 10: Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richeyrock, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by:

Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button.

Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button.

Upon restarting, can't login. Text on login screen disappears leaving just the background image. - Have to force shutdown with power button and second time I can log on normally.

Intermittent loss of wired network connection for no reason. - Have to restart at least twice as above with forced shutdowns.

Intermittent loss of ability to print to wireless printer. I can print to it fine, after a reboot, I can no longer print to it.

I use this computer daily for work and it has become a frustrating waste of time dealing with these things on an almost daily basis.

:)

richeyrock, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 is not getting the latest major update

It would appear the the "latest major update for November" has been pulled from Windows Update.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft Gives Windows 10 a Major Performance Boost

I have. There was a major bug in one of the prerelease updates that caused a BSOD boot loop on restart. Heaps of people had it.

Pill Monster, Dec 13, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues. pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

1. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues. - Similar Threads - latest major update

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  6. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  7. Janurary 2020 update causing major issues

Janurary 2020 update causing major issues: After an update mid January my display started screwing up. I run a 165hz monitor and I never use to drop a single frame. After the update, when I loaded into a game the frame rates were dropping as low as 20 and for some reason my games resolution also changed to 1080p...
  8. Windows Update major issues

Windows Update major issues: Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the first time after the update, certain apps refused to work ( such as: Discord, Minecraft, Windows Store) as well as certain...
  9. Major issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  10. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...