Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When the update was completed, the message now says Windows is not activated. We have a copy of WIndows 10 Pro that started out on this system as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Systems ., Sep 9, 2019.

1. Systems . Win User

Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...

When the update was completed, the message now says Windows is not activated.

We have a copy of WIndows 10 Pro that started out on this system as Windows 8.1 Pro back in 2014 approx.

At some point in time, it received an update to WIndows 10 pro and has worked fine for the past 2 or 3 years.

Every upgrade has gone forward perfectly until the one that we received on Sept. 6th.

After that update, the system now says it is no longer activated

I have our original Windows pro 8.1 license key that we started out with maybe 4 years ago (approx 2014 or so) as well as a a new Windows 10 Pro License key which we bought just because of this problem. But I am unsure of whether or not entering the new key might just cause things to get worse. The new Key belongs to a new copy of Windows 10 Pro which might not be identical to what we have in the system which came from being upgraded over the years.

I would also like to know what was in that update on 9/6 that created this problem? Why did this happen after years of no problems in updates?

This system has a lot of files on it that are stored for use by others in the office so i cannot risk any disruptions if they can be avoided.

Thanks for any help. I would prefer to fix what i had if possible as re installing a new OS could break the file shares or share permissions on the shared folders.

Thanks for any Help

:)

Systems ., Sep 9, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on updated Windows 10 PC; error message saying 'unable to initialize graphics system

Hi Helena,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional
    updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the
    top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also
    applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

(Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 from manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 9, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings... - Similar Threads - latest update caused

2. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows: I just built my first PC, and had activated a copy of Windows 10 Pro on it. As I was setting it up, I ran into a software issue had had to restore a working point in the system, before I had activated windows 10 Pro. Once getting back onto this version of my computer, the...
  3. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows: I just built my first PC, and had activated a copy of Windows 10 Pro on it. As I was setting it up, I ran into a software issue had had to restore a working point in the system, before I had activated windows 10 Pro. Once getting back onto this version of my computer, the...
  4. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update: A few days ago, my home-built PC running Windows 11 for last few months started showing the "Activate Windows" message in the lower left corner.I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, and initially installed Win11 Pro back in January.I believe the issue...
  6. Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update: A few days ago, my home-built PC running Windows 11 for last few months started showing the "Activate Windows" message in the lower left corner.I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, and initially installed Win11 Pro back in January.I believe the issue...
  7. Windows 10 deactivated after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after latest update: Hello everyone, I updated my windows overnight to the latest version available to me on August 21st. After that, I noticed my version of Windows 10 Pro deactivated. I have tried the troubleshoot option but it tells me that it is not connected to the internet, although I am....
  8. Activated Windows becomes deactivated

Activated Windows becomes deactivated: Hello! Please how do I reactivate windows after it suddenly tells me windows is not activated? I run on an 8th generation i5 processor @1.6Ghz 1.8Ghz and a virtual memory of 8GB. Thanks...
  9. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows: My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I...
  10. Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop: Heyo! So I'm part of the fast ring for windows insider and after downloading the latest update that I think was sent to my system on Saturday or Sunday I restarted the system last night to do the update. However, it started doing its usual thing and did it's first...