Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 5, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes graphics card to disappear. As per reports from users, Windows 10 KB4535996 crashes some computers and it leads to performance issues as well.

Windows 10 KB4535996, which is an optional update that installs only when the user manually downloads it, has already been blamed for a series of other problems. For example, users previously reported that the patch leads to FPS drops in certain games, audio stutter with some sound adapters, and also a Blue screen of Death (BSOD).

As per the new reports, KB4535996 crashes systems and locks up devices with a blue screen at the login page.

“Not able to get into any safe mode and uninstall this update. Forcing rebuild and GPO’s to block this particular update. Microsoft says they haven’t heard of any problems. however, when you search the web there is a slue of issues just from this optional update,” a user said.

One user says they noticed this behaviour on 200 machines within their organization.

“I have been searching for why the latest updates to Windows 10 are causing me to get a black screen when Windows tries to start–before I can even sign in. This has happened twice, once forcing me to restore, the second time to remove updates,” another user confirmed that there is a bug that blocks PC from booting to the desktop.

In the Feedback Hub, a wide range of issues has been reported by Windows 10 users. For some, the patch also causes high CPU usage and File Explorer crashes, while others report shut down and sleep issues.

After installing KB4535996 and after one day’s use, I encounter 100% CPU usage (not continuous), File explorer crash (after closing its window, unable to open it anymore), Task manager crash (+ without its icon display on taskbar), + file explorer -related software (e.g. Mendeley) crash on opening. Unable to kill File explorer and restart it because the Task manager also always crashes,” a user noted.

Microsoft has yet to acknowledge any of the reported issues across its own forum and Feedback Hub. At the time of writing this story, Windows support document still says “Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.”

The post Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 5, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Updates crashing and unable to login to PC

Hello SoaringHigh2061,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the manufacturer’s website, your PC is compatible
    only with Windows 7 & 8. This could be the cause for the system crash.

If you wish to pause the updates for a while, you may check with the steps listed below in the article -

However, I would also suggest you to get in touch with the PC manufacturer to know if there are any latest drivers available, that is compatible to run Windows 10 on your machine.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users - Similar Threads - latest update crashes

2. The latest Windows 11 Security Update fails to install for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 11 Security Update fails to install for some users: Microsoft has just confirmed a Windows Update issue that affects the company's Windows 11 operating system. Some users may experience issues installing the most recent security update for the operating system. Microsoft released the security update on February 13, 2024 as...
  3. Windows 10 update is crashing peoples pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update is crashing peoples pcs: I want to know what Microsoft plans to do about there updates crashing peoples computers? I have a 3,000$ paper weight sitting on my desk right now because the update killed the drive. My brother has 2 computers that crashed at the same time with windows update. Another 14...
  4. Windows 10 update is crashing peoples pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update is crashing peoples pcs: I want to know what Microsoft plans to do about there updates crashing peoples computers? I have a 3,000$ paper weight sitting on my desk right now because the update killed the drive. My brother has 2 computers that crashed at the same time with windows update. Another 14...
  5. Windows 10 update is crashing peoples pcs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 March update is crashing some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 March update is crashing some PCs: As we reported yesterday, Windows 10 KB5000802 update has been crashing PCs with multiple and endless BSOD. In a statement, Microsoft has now confirmed that the March 2021 cumulative update is causing serious issues for some devices connected to certain printers. According...
  7. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users: The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some...
  8. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users: Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying...
  9. Latest Windows update (10.0.17763) causes some Windows apps to crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update (10.0.17763) causes some Windows apps to crash: A number of my Windows apps are now not opening (well, as we all know, they open for a nano-second) and I have found the following to be common in the Windows System Log: Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  10. Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft recently pushed a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 and if the reports are believed to be true, the new software update is making Photos app unusable on some Windows 10 devices. Many users have complained that the Photos app throws error “File System Error...