Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unfortunately another victim of Windows 10 latest update and just like several other users...so I learned form the Community chat online. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AgnesLimKT, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files

I am unfortunately another victim of Windows 10 latest update and just like several other users...so I learned form the Community chat online. I opened my computer IN HORROR to a totally different Blue screen which required me to to sign in differently. then it told me it will take some time. took 10 mins or so and I was shocked to discover all my desktop icons had disappear, all my document files & music & I cannot even access my MAIL.

I spent the whole day up to 2am in the morning to download all my files using my backup CLICK-Free software. Managed to get some of the Files back but my MAIL icon was still not working.

Just when I thought that I may have recovered some of my files, the whole screen returned back to its original BLUE Screen & I have lost all my desktop icons.

I'm not that computer-literate & as a Line dance Instructor, I store all my music files, among other things on my computer & now its all gone again.

Its ridiculous that Windows 10 upgrades can cause so much damage. It is your responsibility to help ratify & assist me or I'm doomed!!!!!

Please give me a contact number to speak with someone who can guide me through...I can't seem to get any assistance from Cortana.

A prompt response is greatly appreciated.....never been so stressed up!!!!!

Agnes

:)

AgnesLimKT, Oct 27, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 27, 2019
  4. XPEHOPE3 Win User

Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files

1. Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files - Similar Threads - latest update erased

2. The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...: The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I can't find them on my computer. This is going to cost me a fairly large sum in lost sales. is there any way I can get them back? They don't seem to be in my computer any longer....
  3. The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...: The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I can't find them on my computer. This is going to cost me a fairly large sum in lost sales. is there any way I can get them back? They don't seem to be in my computer any longer....
  4. Latest Windows Update changed/erased all recent programs/activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update changed/erased all recent programs/activity: I am so pissed & upset right now!! I had just transferred all my files from old computer, then ran update and now everything is gone. /cry I hadn't done a restore, so I think it may all be gone for good. I searched this issue & found an article about this from 2011. It's been...
  5. Latest Windows Update changed/erased all recent programs/activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update changed/erased all recent programs/activity: I am so pissed & upset right now!! I had just transferred all my files from old computer, then ran update and now everything is gone. /cry I hadn't done a restore, so I think it may all be gone for good. I searched this issue & found an article about this from 2011. It's been...
  6. Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Problem Windows 10 updates latest: When I boot up for a period of time the only icon that works is the top icon on the screen If you click any other icon although the path is correct it follows the path of the top icon on the screen. I f you move another icon to the top of the screen then all icons now take...
  7. UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP: Every time Windows 10 forcibly updates my computer, I lose everything that is on my desktop. What can I do to stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-erase-my-desktop/f91ff079-5288-4fb5-9240-5ede56f81bcf
  8. Windows update erased my files

Windows update erased my files: I've updated my windows version and i noticed that my folders weren't on my dekstop . Not a problem, cause i found their path and dragged them back on dekstop. BUT , when i checked for windows updates in setting , after the restart, Windows literally delete a big part of...
  9. Windows update erases all my info.

Windows update erases all my info.: Is there some kind of patch to prevent this from happening again? It happens every time there has been an update since the begining of the year. It is getting very frustrating!!!!!...
  10. Update Loop after Erasing all my files

Update Loop after Erasing all my files: So I erased all my data and reset it into a “new” state, afterwards I tried to set it up and I got a notification telling me to get a update for the computer, I waited a bit after pressing next and now im stuck in some sort of loop taking me back to the basic set up screen....