Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 6, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying Windows 10 KB4541335.

Windows 10 KB4541335 is an optional update that you might want to skip for now. Over the weekend, many users have documented problems with this patch. Some have said that the update broke their computer, others are seeing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and many experiencing performance issues.

Other users are having even bigger problems. One person said their computer doesn’t work after the update.

“My machine bricked all night and I had to unplug and roll back. Finally, after about 30 minutes it uninstalled and I could go to Settings and pause updates for a month. This is happening way too often,” one user wrote.

“This KB Update also slowed my PC,” another user said. As per one user, the update also causes Ethernet problems and some apps are failing to access the internet.

Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users Windows-10-KB4541335.jpg

“Just after rebooting the desktop and check the Task Manager and found that the CPU above 50%, Memory 95% & HDD 100% utilizing,” another Windows 10 customer documented the problem.

Another user also told us that the KB4541335 update crashes the system and later causes 100% disk/CPU usage. “[My PC] has become highly unstable after the update,” one of the affected customers told us.

Microsoft states it is not aware of any issues with this update.

It’s not clear how widespread these problems are, but the number of reports has increased significantly over the past few days as more people have deployed the update. It’s also important to note that this is an optional update, so you can safely skip it, at least for now.

If you’ve installed the update and your PC is experiencing performance issues, then your best bet is to uninstall it:

• Go to the Start Menu and click the Settings gear.
    • Look for ‘Update & Security’ and press the Windows Update tab on the left side.
    • Click the View update history option and click the Uninstall updates link.
    • In Control Panel page, choose the KB4541335 update to uninstall it.

During the process, your PC will restart for one time and the update will be removed. If your PC is still bugging out after uninstalling the patch, then your best bet is to reset the device from Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.

The post Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users - Similar Threads - latest update wrecking

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. The latest Windows 11 Security Update fails to install for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 11 Security Update fails to install for some users: Microsoft has just confirmed a Windows Update issue that affects the company's Windows 11 operating system. Some users may experience issues installing the most recent security update for the operating system. Microsoft released the security update on February 13, 2024 as...
  4. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users: The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some...
  5. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  6. Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users: If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes graphics card to disappear. As per reports from users, Windows 10 KB4535996 crashes some computers and it leads to performance...
  7. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  8. Folders - display of file properties wrecked by latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders - display of file properties wrecked by latest W10 update: The latest W10 update has made all my folders have their files displaying a common list of properties, irrespective of file type, whether the folder is one for photos or music or video or documents. Now they all display like the last folder I have adjusted. What has...
  9. Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop: So our Xmas was royally (insert expletives) due to Microsoft NOT enforcing a Change freeze and forcing 1809 down on our machine. We suffered a normal various % failures and hangs, great release team you morons have. then on Christmas Day total failure... desktop corrupt files...
  10. Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs: Microsoft recently pushed a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 and if the reports are believed to be true, the new software update is making Photos app unusable on some Windows 10 devices. Many users have complained that the Photos app throws error “File System Error...