Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update issues

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating my Windows 10 to 1809 I have found that the shortcut icons on the desktop keep changing/losing their arrows. Sometimes they are normal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexSBoyd, Feb 28, 2019.

1. AlexSBoyd Win User

Windows 10 latest update issues

Since updating my Windows 10 to 1809 I have found that the shortcut icons on the desktop keep changing/losing their arrows. Sometimes they are normal, sometimes they are green circular arrows and sometimes they disappear completely. A refresh of the desktop is required to bring them back.

I have also noticed that since the update Microsoft Jigsaw is having issues and reporting a common error 009000 when it attempts to connect to the main server.

Could it be that you there are data access issues with the new update?

Error 009000 is also associated with SQL errors, so maybe the "new" windows 10 has issues retaining its information which could lead to major problems.

Cheers,

Alex B

:)

AlexSBoyd, Feb 28, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Melvis Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
    How To Purge the Windows Update Cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 latest update issues - Similar Threads - latest update issues

2. Latest Windows 10 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Update Issues: When I installed the most recent updates to Windows 10 on my laptop, I ended up with a BSOD and couldn't re-boot my laptop. Was in a boot loop. I also lost my Norton Security program. I had to uninstall the updates so that my laptop would work and had to reinstall Norton....
  3. Latest windows 10 update issues.

Latest windows 10 update issues.: Hi All. So, I just had a substantial Windows update on 11/9/2020. My mail no longer works live 2011, no sound, many apps crashing etc. I tried to do a system restore and somehow there are no restore points. Looked for a way to uninstall the update however there is no option...
  4. Windows latest update issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows latest update issues: So since the latest update, the one on the 13th i believe, ive had some interesting issues occur and so have a few other people i know. Its happened twice so far but the issue is that my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and "System Interrupts" in the process that is using it all....
  5. Latest Windows 10 update issues

Latest Windows 10 update issues: I have been having issues since the last few days with windows 10 not be responsive and being completely unusable due to the latest security update that had came out just a few days ago. My laptop has successfully updated, but soon after i easily noticed some issues while...
  6. Issues with the latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with the latest windows 10 update: After the latest update my laptop has slowed down to a crawl,even worse my audio isn't working at all( I am able to listen to anything using my bluetooth earphones only) plz help. submitted by /u/ancientearphones [link] [comments]...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update issues

Latest Windows 10 update issues: One of my computers doesn't like the newest update. It came a few weeks ago and my computer started running very slow. I rolled it back which fixed the problems but it just updated again today and the issues are back. I googled how to stop Windows updates the first time and...
  8. Issues in latest window 10 update.

Issues in latest window 10 update.: Hi, Ever since I updated windows on the machine, I am facing many problems related to the operating system. These problems are all related after I put my machine on sleep. When I turn it on, All the windows (notepad, browser etc) are gone. Speakers and internet connection...
  9. Latest Windows 10 Update Issue

Latest Windows 10 Update Issue: Has anyone had issues with their devices after updating to KB4487044? I installed the update yesterday and once I booted back up, the computer was very unresponsive. Taskbar, start menu, desktop icons, and task manager are all unresponsive. Startup applications also fail...
  10. Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue: Hello, Not sure why no one has tried to help me??? I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10. Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows 10 updates that were installed. The Windows 10 does not full...