Windows 10: Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leonyjiang, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar [​IMG]

After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it?

:)

leonyjiang, Jul 13, 2019

2. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 13, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Win 10 taskbar not working after latest windows update

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating with unable to access the Start menu, Taskbar after installing the update.

We appreciate the effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the latest update installed on your computer?

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Reply to the post with the required information to assist you better with this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

1. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar - Similar Threads - Latest Update Messed

2. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  3. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  4. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  6. The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings: I have upgraded my Win10 to 20H2 (19042.867) and it messed up my customized settings. I reverted back to some settings but my touchpad and mouse scroll behavior is changed to scrolling to page up/page down. I could not fix this. The touchpad is Elan Smart-Pad. Any ideas?...
  7. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  8. Latest update messed up my PC

Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update messed u my task bar and homepage

2. latest windows update problems with taskbar

3. download taskbar update

4. new windows update task bar never stays in the same spot