Windows 10: Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leonyjiang, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar [​IMG]

After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it?

:)

leonyjiang, Jul 13, 2019

2. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 13, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

Win 10 taskbar not working after latest windows update

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating with unable to access the Start menu, Taskbar after installing the update.

We appreciate the effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the latest update installed on your computer?

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Reply to the post with the required information to assist you better with this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

1. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar - Similar Threads - Latest Update Messed

2. TaskBar messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  3. why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?: my Asus notebook has been running ultra slow for a week and just before I got 2 big flashes b4 the latest updates my system message said ( when I got it on again Windows )Critical Error...so I got the crazy updates and my pc is nearly toast.when I download the files are...
  4. Windows 10 Messed up taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Messed up taskbar icons: [ATTACH] This is what happened after I unpinned a Notepad and word from my task-bar. [ATTACH] I have tried to re-pin and unpin everything and nothing works. Please help! How do I get ride of it!...
  5. Windows 10 update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update messed up my computer: My system got an update and while I was shutting it down it installed that update. When I started my system next morning it configured my system to the new update and as the system started, to my shock, everything was changed. Right from the font style and size, everything...
  6. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!: What the heck? After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for awhile - until the last windows updates went in this morning and it went right back to the same issues! 1st - I lost the...
  7. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...
  8. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  9. windows 10 update messed up my computer

windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...