Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update now have a problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC Info (don't know how much you need so here is the info) Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology Co.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by McOwnage, Oct 28, 2020.

1. McOwnage Win User

Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

PC Info (don't know how much you need so here is the info)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.BaseBoard Product Z170-HD3P-CFBaseBoard Version x.x
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    ASUS USB-AC56 802.11ac Wireless USB Adapter
    Drives
    Drive C:Model ST4000DX001-1CE168DescriptionLocal Fixed DiskSize 3.64 TB (3,998,843,138,048 bytes)Free Space 2.77 TB (3,046,717,493,248 bytes)Volume NameDrive D*BiggrinescriptionCD-ROM DiscDrive F:Model TOSHIBA DT01ACA200DescriptionLocal Fixed DiskSize 1.82 TB (2,000,263,573,504 bytes)Free Space 694.60 GB (745,824,694,272 bytes)Volume NameGamesDriveI*BiggrinescriptionLocal Fixed DiskSize 500.00 MB (524,283,904 bytes)Free Space 481.77 MB (505,176,064 bytes)Volume NameSystem ReservedDrive J:Model WD easystore 25FB USB DeviceDescriptionLocal Fixed DiskSize 9.10 TB (10,000,829,247,488 bytes)Free Space 3.06 TB (3,362,192,736,256 bytes)Volume NameBackupDrive K:Model WDC WDBNCE5000PNCDescriptionLocal Fixed DiskSize465.75 GB (500,090,007,552 bytes)Free Space88.29 GB (94,795,898,880 bytes)Volume NameSSD Games

Problem

After latest Windows 10 update my computer will not start right if I just let it boot it says "Reboot and select proper boot device"When I press F12 on reboot it shows my DVD drive, my windows 10 drive, my SSD, my games drive, my backup drive, and a blank space (please see attached) I have to select the blank space to boot to windows 10 then everything is fine till I need to reboot then have to do the F12 again.
    This was an Isolated incident until my roommate returned from a trip and updated their computer now they have the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

picture did not attach

- - - Updated - - -

no clue why pic is not uploading but basically looks like this
    Code:
    :)

McOwnage, Oct 28, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

1. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem - Similar Threads - latest update problem

2. I have a problem with the latest Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with the latest Windows Update.: The recent Windows Update caused a problem with my Windows Live Mail. When I write an e-mail I can't access my contacts list. I unstalled the update and the problem was gone. But the Windows update reinstalls the update and the problem is back. Is there a fix for this? Is...
  3. I have a problem with the latest Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with the latest Windows Update.: The recent Windows Update caused a problem with my Windows Live Mail. When I write an e-mail I can't access my contacts list. I unstalled the update and the problem was gone. But the Windows update reinstalls the update and the problem is back. Is there a fix for this? Is...
  4. I have a problem with the latest Windows Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  6. Problem with latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with latest Windows 10 update: Trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest update results in an error with the code 0x80070643. The update download but does not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-windows-10-update/5ea61f8c-c869-4945-af03-5df44bdf1f2a
  7. Windows 10 latest update now have a problem

Windows 10 latest update now have a problem: PC Info Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 16362 System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Intel I7-6700K BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte technology Co., BaseBoard Product Z170-HD3P-SFBaseBoard Installed Ram 16GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Asus USB-AC56 bo2.11ac...
  8. Latest windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest windows 10 update problems: Hello, I've updated windows last night to it latest version on my desktop. I've found some issues, such as: Programs won't load, can't delete my optional updates, almost nothing will open. I've searched up the problem on my laptop. And it seems like a lot of people are having...
  9. Latest Windows 10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 Update Problems: My windows 10 updated this week of Jan 7 2019 and now my snipping tool does not work. When I open snipping tool and click the cursor to snip an image, the whole screen goes gray and I can't snip anything. It was working fine before the update....
  10. Windows 10 latest update problem

Windows 10 latest update problem: Hello guys I have a problem with the windows 10 latest update , my pc keeps on rebooting non stop and everytime it showa this message " the installation of the update is impossible , cancelling the modification " then it install the update again thwn cancel the modification...