Windows 10: Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

Discus and support Windows 10 latest update Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; "Latest windows 10 update removed the "disable touchpad when usb mouse is detected" option from settings. Pls reinstate. Very important to lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdHut, Jan 16, 2021.

1. EdHut Win User

Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

"Latest windows 10 update removed the "disable touchpad when usb mouse is detected" option from settings. Pls reinstate. Very important to lots of users."

:)

EdHut, Jan 16, 2021

2. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Vaio 7 Win User
    Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

After updating from b. 10240 to 10586.3 ( W 10 x64), Windows installed an older version of Synaptics 19.0.15.2, before I had 19.0.19.1.
    Also now, in Device Manager, it's listed under PS/2 Port touchpad, before it was SmBus.
    Windows Update does no longer provide 19.0.19.1 driver, Why??
    What are the recommended steps to get installed manually the latest Synaptics driver because with the currently installed driver, mouse scrolling does not work for Start menu - All apps, with 19.0.19.1 it used to work.
    Also what is the name of the x64 .inf to use for update synSmbDrv.inf or SynPD.inf??
    Thank you.

Vaio 7, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

Unable to turn off and on touchpad after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing turning off touchpad on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• what is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

1. Windows 10 latest update Touchpad - Similar Threads - latest update Touchpad

2. Latest update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update for Windows 10: The latest update for Windows 10 prevents Firefox and Edge from loading. Everything works fine once I've uninstalled the latest update so the problem is clearly yours. Please note I do not want to upgrade to Windows 11 but I do want Microsoft to fix this glitch ASAP!...
  3. Touchpad problems after latest MS update on Lenovo ideapad 320 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad problems after latest MS update on Lenovo ideapad 320 with Windows 10: After the latest MS update the right click on my touchpad stopped working. Finally got this fixed by restoring the previous driver. But I'm still having problems. Hover click keeps happening even though I have this turned off. In Google, the window keeps switching around if...
  4. The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings: I have upgraded my Win10 to 20H2 (19042.867) and it messed up my customized settings. I reverted back to some settings but my touchpad and mouse scroll behavior is changed to scrolling to page up/page down. I could not fix this. The touchpad is Elan Smart-Pad. Any ideas?...
  5. Windows 10 latest update

Windows 10 latest update: I have recently restored my System to a previous date coz I had installed a software which was causing problems. I had also updated my windows in the course. After the system restore, the update got uninstalled and I cannot install it back. My settings update screen shows...
  6. Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update

Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update: Earlier I was the old version of windows 10. Now I have installed the latest version of window 10 to my system. Here are the details: Window details: Window 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 / 18363.836 Tried both of them i.e. without and after window update...
  7. Windows 10 latest update

Windows 10 latest update: My computer no longer knows my account. I cannot get through the "repair" process because it does not recognize my password. Blue screens with instructions, but cannot enter due to password decline that I know is correct because I can log in and out on my MAC....
  8. Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update: I have updated Windows 10 Pro with it’s latest update (1903), and all other software is up to date. But, since the update, I have noticed sudden failure of my touchpad in my Dell Precision M4800, followed by the complete failure of its keyboard. Keystrokes are causing...
  9. asus touchpad acting after latest update

asus touchpad acting after latest update: Hi I just updated Win10 and my Asus touchpad works for a few minutes after restart and stops. The external mouse works fine. I read old posts but is it still relevant?...
  10. Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10: [img] Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Download Page [img] Information Version: 19.0.19.1 Date: August 3rd 2015 For Windows 10 PS/2, SMBus, and IC2 Devices Release Notes: System enhancements 18282