Windows 10: Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What the heck? After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by an old woman, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

What the heck?
    After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for awhile - until the last windows updates went in this morning and it went right back to the same issues!
    1st - I lost the scanning capability on my Epson WF-3640 - and this is a month old printer!

2nd - I began having wi-fi issues and then totally lost both printers in the house to this laptop.

Interesting - my husband runs 8.1 on his laptop and finds both printers and scanning capabilities without a problem.

I uninstalled printers, I reinstalled printers, I spoke with Epson, I spoke with Spectrum and they both are blaming Microsoft for a bat-crap crazy update that forces itself on my laptop.

I work from Home, I NEED complete capability on my laptop and printer and I can not afford to keep having downtime but I guess Microsoft doesn't care if I lose my job because on NON productivity.

If employers don't accept non productivity and crappy work then why do we consumers have to accept it from Microsoft!~

I want answers, not the same stupid run the trouble shooters that don't do a hill of beans. My cat can trouble shoot better than Microsoft and since she can't really do anything tech wise - you know how low my opinion is right now.

:)

an old woman, Sep 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Printer issues with Windows 10 Update

Hi David,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

I appreciate troubleshooting steps you have performed. Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and press
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    Visit the below link and download the latest printer driver.

http://www.dymo.com/en-US/online-support/dymo-user-guides

If the printer driver is not available for Windows 10 you can try installing the printer driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

1. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!! - Similar Threads - latest updates totally

2. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  3. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  4. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  6. Latest update messed up my PC

Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  7. Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Support
    Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system: I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile and that I wouldn't be able to access my files, and my desktop is totally screwed up... Winver shows 1903...
  8. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...
  9. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar: [IMG] After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-messed-up-my-taskbar/49f303b1-4090-4867-8b00-0ee7358e53bb
  10. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...