Windows 10: Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers

Discus and support Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a Lenovo computer running Windows 10 and I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. The problem is The Lenovo Network display shows the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #SamDavidson#, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers

I just bought a Lenovo computer running Windows 10 and I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. The problem is The Lenovo Network display shows the HP files and the files can be uploaded modified and saved perfectly but the HP does not display the Lenovo and I cannot connect to the Lenovo.

I set up file sharing on both computers the same way and have checked the set up several times. What should I check or do to solve the problem?

:)

#SamDavidson#, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Guitar Win User
    Steam Game Sharing?

Gaming articles on Engadget

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers

1. Windows 10 latest version - File Sharing only Working on One of Two Computers - Similar Threads - latest version File

2. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  3. only one drive of two will share on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only one drive of two will share on LAN: We have a pc running Win 10 that has one C drive and two more drives D and E . D and E have identical sharing permission settings and D can be accessed from the the other PCs on the LAN. E, however, gives a 'you do not have permission to access\\PC\e Contact your network...
  4. Windows 10 computers network sharing only working one-way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computers network sharing only working one-way: I've reached the point of exhaustion with how-to's and other advice on sharing. I have Win10 installed/updated on two laptops. On the home wifi network, one HP model =17 shows all 4 computers on the net, but the other Lenovo P17 shows all but the HP. So the HP will show the...
  5. Windows 10 computers network sharing only working one-way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 computers network sharing only working one-way: I've reached the point of exhaustion with how-to's and other advice on sharing. I have Win10 installed/updated on two laptops. On the home wifi network, one HP model =17 shows all 4 computers on the net, but the other Lenovo P17 shows all but the HP. So the HP will show the...
  6. Windows 10 computers network sharing only working one-way

7. Network of two computers works on one only

Network of two computers works on one only: I have two desktop computers both running Win10 most current connected by two cables to one Xfinity Modem/Router. Some time ago, I set up a Network on both machines. When I open File Explorer on machine "A", I see both "A" and "B" computers and can access any file on both....
  8. File Sharing works only in one direction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Sharing works only in one direction: Hello people, I have one laptop and one desktop. Both with the latest windows updates and connected to the same wifi network. They both have the same settings in the "Advanced Sharing Settings" (turned on network discovery, file and printer sharing for private networks, the...
  9. sharing files windows 10 latest version

sharing files windows 10 latest version: My wife and I have separate computers on a home network. We want to share some files. We each have specific folders set to be shared with everyone on the network. Each of us can see the other computer listed on the network, but not any of the folders in the other computer....
  10. Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way

Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way: I have two computers on my home network (MSHOME), I'll call them 75 and 30 (last octet of the LAN IP). 30 is named NEW-PC and 75 is named HP-PC, 75 has the entire C: drive shared as HP-PC-C and 30 has the entire D: drive shared as New-PC-D. Both are setup the same way,...