Windows 10: Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I´ve just recently decided to change to the Latin american keyboard layout on my computer with an English layout. I downloaded the pack that let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/emberblaze0, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

Hello, I´ve just recently decided to change to the Latin american keyboard layout on my computer with an English layout. I downloaded the pack that let me do so, and for the most part, I´ve been able to change the keys to something that makes sense with the new layout. However, all models I´ve seen of the Latin american keyboard includes an extra key (between shift and the z key) that has the greater than/less than signs, which are super important for Spanish dialogue. I understand switching languages for things that are in one language and not the other (apostrophes, for example), but these symbols are hugely important in Spanish and I can´t find them! Are they located somewhere on the keyboard that I haven´t found yet?

submitted by /u/emberblaze0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/emberblaze0, Aug 31, 2020

2. Latin American keyboard no longer has "open question mark" available in text (abc) keyboard

After upgrading to Windows 10 1709 Latin American configuration of on-screen keyboard no longer carries open question mark (¿). The only way to type it is switching to numeric which makes a very cumbersome process typing Spanish text.

Should I switch to another keyboard layout to get that character in main keyboard? How can I raise the issue to Microsoft development?

Also I can get a full keyed on-screen keyboard (very welcomed addition, but more prone to typing errors as key sizes are shrinked) if I choose input "Spanish", but not available for "Latin American". How come Microsoft added that option for 46 million Spaniards
    but left 650 million Latin Americans without it?

Raul.A.Zambrano, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Java.SE Win User
    Latin American Spanish Keyboard fails to write accents on Windows 10

Hi there. Every time I try to use the Latin American Spanish Keyboard I can't write accents in some applications such as web browsers and Microsoft Office, nevertheless it does work for others such as Skype, Telegram, and Notepad.

The problem is that if I type accent key+vocal the result is the vocal without an accent. I can get the accents activated for a few seconds if I type two times the accent key: ´´. Then it fails again.

I have made sure I am using the correct language: ESP-Español Teclado Latinoamérica.

I have downloaded the International Spanish keyboard, Español (España, Internacional), and that one works just fine.

I have downloaded once more the Latin American keyboard but the problem persists.

I have noticed that if I change to a different keyboard and go back to Latin American it works for a few seconds and then it fails again (same as when I type ´´).

I even thought this might be a virus so I ran an antivirus scan and a malware scan but nothing was found. Honestly, this seems to be a bug than anything else. Any hints on how to fix this?

Java.SE, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Java.SE Win User

Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

Latin American Spanish Keyboard fails to write accents on Windows 10

Hi Sher,

Thank you for pointing out that this could be a conflict with a third party program. It was indeed. I pinned down the program and uninstalled it; it was Phrase Express. After rebooting the PC the Latin American keyboard is back to normal.

Thank you!

Java.SE, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

1. Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard - Similar Threads - Latin American Keyboard

2. Latin Tatar Keyboard Is Not Writing Umlauts and Other Symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latin Tatar Keyboard Is Not Writing Umlauts and Other Symbols: In Microsoft Windows 11, you can choose the Tatar language Latin and the Tatar interface not all, which is not Romanized. But the bottom line is this: the keyboard of the Tatar Latin alphabet is no different from the English layout, can you duplicate the Latin alphabet so...
  3. Latin Tatar Keyboard Is Not Writing Umlauts and Other Symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latin Tatar Keyboard Is Not Writing Umlauts and Other Symbols: In Microsoft Windows 11, you can choose the Tatar language Latin and the Tatar interface not all, which is not Romanized. But the bottom line is this: the keyboard of the Tatar Latin alphabet is no different from the English layout, can you duplicate the Latin alphabet so...
  4. How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.: I looked at other forms however, none of them have provided any useful help on how to turn off the Spanish Latin keyboard, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help with my issue. I tried to PowerShell the issue discussed in another form, but it doesn't work. For some...
  5. How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.

How to turn off Spanish's Latin keyboard.: I looked at other forms however, none of them have provided any useful help on how to turn off the Spanish Latin keyboard, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help with my issue. I tried to PowerShell the issue discussed in another form, but it doesn't work. For some...
  6. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  7. How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish

How to remove extra keyboard Latin America Spanish: Hi,It has been impossible for me to remove an extra keyboard after installing the wrong one. It only shows up in the bottom right corner with the list of keyboards.I am trying to eliminate Latin American Spanish. As can be seen below it does not show up on my list of...
  8. Latin keyboard/language stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latin keyboard/language stuck: Hello,I have a problem with a language. I had added Latin by mistake, but now it's stuck. I've deleted it from my languages, but it's still there down-right on the bar. Could somebody help me remove it completely?...
  9. Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard

Porblems with the letter ñ in the Latin american spanish keyboard: When i try to use the key for ñ in the latin american key board. I only get a capital ñ . if i begin to type the word year that is año . When i press the key for the ñ the a disappear and I only get a capital ñ. Is there a way to fix this problem. Thank you in advance J....
  10. England English/American English keyboard

England English/American English keyboard: why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/england-englishamerican-english-keyboard/a4e9292c-9c7c-42bd-a2ff-d17f0f31acab