Windows 10: Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners

Discus and support Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest round of leaks reveals more of the Windows 10X Sun Valley Update and its new Action Center (notification center) redesign, as well as new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners

The latest round of leaks reveals more of the Windows 10X Sun Valley Update and its new Action Center (notification center) redesign, as well as new images of the upcoming app dialog box with rounded corners.

As recently confirmed in a report published earlier this month, Windows 10X development has been paused. With that, it is expected that the Sun Valley Update would deliver a major UI redesign with more features from the cancelled operating system.

It appears that Microsoft has already started testing some Windows 10X UI features for Action Center in the review builds. Images from the preview build show that the overall Action Center interface shipping with the Windows 10 Sun Valley Update is going to be quite familiar, albeit with some notable UI enhancements from the cancelled Windows 10X.

Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners Action-Center.jpg
    Action Center with Windows 10X-like UI features

The above screenshot, which is not a mockup, shows off an early version of the new Action Center with minor UI enhancements from Windows 10X.

This is our first look at the actual code in the preview builds. It isn’t live for testers right now, but it’s currently hidden behind experimental flags and anyone familiar with Visual Studio debugging skills should be able to enable it by tweaking the flags for WindowsShellExperienceHost.exe.

In the current preview builds, it seems like that the new Action Center is in an early stage of development. However, there are few notable changes. For example, there’s a new “Gripper” (the slide icon above the quick actions) and it was first introduced with Windows 10X.

Likewise, users can now swipe from the edge of the screen to open Action Center’s Quick Settings, as shown in the below GIF. This was also exclusive to Windows 10X.

Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners New-Action-Center.gif

From this, we can all but confirm that the Sun Valley Update — set to be released in the coming months — will use UI features from Windows 10X for core components.

Floating menus are also going to a core feature in the refreshed UI and it could extend to Action Center. We’ve already posted screenshots of the taskbar using a floating design for its jump list (right-click menu).

More rounded corners

Roughly two weeks ahead of its Build 2021 developer conference, Microsoft accidentally shared a screenshot of an upcoming feature for developers. In a blog post for developers, Microsoft accidentally posted a screenshot of Windows apps dialog box with rounded corners.

The blog post was immediately taken down from the company’s website, but we managed to grab a screenshot.

Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners Windows-rounded-corners.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

The above screenshot, which is from Microsoft’s edited blog post, shows the app dialog box with rounded. This new rounded corner design will apply to confirmation, warning and other dialog boxes in the desktop apps.

That’s one of the UI improvements hinted at by Github code commits.

The post Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 16, 2021
  2. andselisk Win User

Relocate Action Center in Windows 10

I use Windows 10 Pro 1709 64-bit with a vertical Taskbar on the left (I need as much vertical space as possible on a laptop's widescreen due to my workflow). Calling the Action Center with a button located on the bottom left corner (|□|) results in a panel appearing on the right screen border, which requires the cursor to travel all the way across the screen if one wants to click things there, and back to left.

How can I reposition the area where Action Center appears? To clarify what I mean here is an ASCII sketch:

P. S. Please do not suggest to relocate the Taskbar itself. I used this layout for years and everything except for the new Action Center clicks for me just fine. Also feel free to suggest any third-party tweaking tool that can help.

andselisk, May 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana

Windows 10 Redstone: Card UI coming to Action Center and Cortana

Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-...center-cortana

Cluster Head, May 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, May 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 leak hints at Action Center UI tweaks and more rounded corners - Similar Threads - leak hints Action

2. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rounded corners in windows 10: Hello there, i need a free way to get rounded corners in windows 10.I said free because i don't want you saying windowblinds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners-in-windows-10/29c4784f-80b6-4e82-8ca8-f6c2667d5759
  3. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rounded corners in windows 10: Hello there, i need a free way to get rounded corners in windows 10.I said free because i don't want you saying windowblinds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners-in-windows-10/29c4784f-80b6-4e82-8ca8-f6c2667d5759
  4. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  6. Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 screenshots: Rounded corners, File Explorer, Action Center: We’ve long heard rumours about the Windows Sun Valley update and recent teasers suggested that the apparent redesign of the desktop operating system will be launched with Windows 11, Microsoft’s successor to Windows 10. Thanks to what appears to be a genuine leaked build of...
  7. New leak confirms Windows 10 app windows are getting rounded corners

in Windows 10 News
    New leak confirms Windows 10 app windows are getting rounded corners: Microsoft never really stops testing out new designs for Windows 10 and its various application, and Windows Terminal is one of the apps that sees a lot of slight changes here and there. Now, it appears Windows Terminal could be the first app to receive rounded corners...
  8. Rounded Corners UI in version 21343

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rounded Corners UI in version 21343: I just tried to apply this hack to get rounded corners on windows in W10 v 21343.1000 (dev channel), but it is not working How to Try Out the Rounded Corners UI in Windows 10 Version 1903 (softpedia.com) Anyone managed to get this working, or are there a new set of...
  9. Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 21H1 preview build to the testers in the Dev Channel (Fast Ring) of the Windows Insider program with WSL 2 improvements. It seems that the preview build also contains multiple hidden UI changes including a smaller search box. Windows 10...
  10. Round Corner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Round Corner?: I know it sounds weird, but is there any tools that make rounded screen corner on windows? I'm using a windows pad, the pad itself is rounded but the screen is sharp square, so I'm wondering if I could make this rounded. submitted by /u/ProgUn1corn [link] [comments]...