Windows 10: Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad

Discus and support Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My left speaker sounds a rough when it plays audio It happened as soon as I tried to dual boot Ubuntu but cancelled the operation due to not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angelo Petrai, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad

My left speaker sounds a rough when it plays audio

It happened as soon as I tried to dual boot Ubuntu but cancelled the operation due to not recognising Windows

Here's the things that I have done Failed

Reinstalling drivers

Checking for updates

Downloading the same BIOS version

Tried playing audio in Ubuntu to see if that was the issue

Troubleshoot, all I got is Generic Audio Driver Error

Please help this is getting very frustrating for me.

Reagrds

:)

Angelo Petrai, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Arisboch Win User
    Sound moves to left speaker in games

I have been having this crazy little problem with my sound.
    i have gigabyte z390 MB with Realtek on board sound with the updated drivers from the gigabute website.

when i set my sound in windows or the realtek audio console to 5.1 and test it it all seems fine
    left , right , center , Rrear ,Lrear and sub all make sound as they should from the corect speaker.

but when i play games or watch video on chrome it seems like all the sound moves over to the left speaker.
    it almost sounds like anything outside of windows itseld defaults to 2.0

there is sound in both left and right speakers but the left is much louder then the right (in games /browser)

a 5.1 test on youtube says

Left (left speaker)
    Center (left speaker)
    right (right speaker low)
    RR (Right speaker low)
    LR (left speaker)
    Sub (nothing)

like i said like a busted 2.0 system
    please help !

Arisboch, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad

speakers sound bad

speakers sound bad, have been for a long time

margie4444, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad

1. Windows 10: Left laptop speaker sounds bad - Similar Threads - Left laptop speaker

2. Left speaker of my windows laptop is giving buzzing sound.......which is irritating while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left speaker of my windows laptop is giving buzzing sound.......which is irritating while...: My device information:System Model: Mi NoteBook ProProcessor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 8 CPUs, ~3.1GHzRAM:8GBOperating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 19044 19041.vb_release.191206-1406----------------Sound Devices -------------...
  3. Left speaker of my windows laptop is giving buzzing sound.......which is irritating while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left speaker of my windows laptop is giving buzzing sound.......which is irritating while...: My device information:System Model: Mi NoteBook ProProcessor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 8 CPUs, ~3.1GHzRAM:8GBOperating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 19044 19041.vb_release.191206-1406----------------Sound Devices -------------...
  4. Left speaker of my windows laptop is giving buzzing sound.......which is irritating while...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound from left speaker

No sound from left speaker: Hello, i am facing a problem with my mecer z140c, the left speaker is not working, can anyone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-left-speaker/ec14a55b-9a1e-4e57-8e2d-86eb70ef984e
  6. bad sound windows 10

bad sound windows 10: bad very distant sound in windows 10 have this driver dataed 5-9-2020 10.0.19041.264 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-sound-windows-10/f7341754-0437-439e-9c8e-ef88c35ad500
  7. speakers sound bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers sound bad: speakers sound bad, have been for a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-sound-bad/59c73b6d-280c-49d0-afed-aa7828c8b5ad
  8. Sound moves to left speaker in games

Sound moves to left speaker in games: I have been having this crazy little problem with my sound. i have gigabyte z390 MB with Realtek on board sound with the updated drivers from the gigabute website. when i set my sound in windows or the realtek audio console to 5.1 and test it it all seems fine left , right...
  9. No sound from left speaker

No sound from left speaker: Using windows 10. I am unfortunately unsure when the problem first started as I only noticed some time ago that I didn't get any sound from my left speaker. I can access Realtek HD audio manager fromt he control panel, and I have tried switching the channels so that sound...
  10. Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute: So I had a lenovo laptop lose its Left speaker (Speaker Properties > Advanced > Test : Checked! , Balance : Checked!) and planned to have it repaired since this is the laptop I use for work (Mainly presentations and video editing) . While scheduling for a replacement in a...