Windows 10: Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...

Discus and support Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new laptop HP Pavilion 15, with Windows 10 Home, and the keyboard a standard QWERTY if isn't working properly: When I press the "Left Ctrl"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoseFM_498, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...

I have a new laptop HP Pavilion 15, with Windows 10 Home, and the keyboard a standard QWERTY if isn't working properly:

• When I press the "Left Ctrl" key it's enable/disable Airplaine Mode and opens the Outlook app.
    • When I press the "Left Shitt" key it's reduces the volume.
    • When I press the "Right Shift"key it's enable/disable the Mute of the volume.

I already tried:

1. Installing updates from Windows Update Center.
    2. Installing all driver updates using HP Assistant.
    3. Tried another keyboard layouts.

Is there anything I can do to check if it's either a software problem or a hardware problem?

:)

JoseFM_498, Feb 16, 2020
  2. yogeshp1 Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Windows 10  Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle... :p

yogeshp1, Feb 16, 2020
  3. mobock Win User
    High contrast toggle not working.

The toggle from high to low contrast on Windows 10 [left alt+left shift+prt sc] worked the first time, then never again. Using a new HP laptop. Suggestions?

mobock, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...

Switch keyboard layout with right Shift and left Shift

I see only LAlt-Shift, Grave Accent and Ctrl-Shift. The list of options is very limited.

I reckon I will have to use Ctrl-Shift and use right-hand side keys...

Xentrax [Vyacheslav Lanovets], Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...

1. Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle... - Similar Threads - Left Shift reduces

2. Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11: Hello,I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed it about 2 months ago - when I type in Notepad and use my Right Ctrl + Right Shift combination to switch the language, it also changes from LTR to RTL, which never used to be the case in Windows 10. I've...
  3. How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock: My left shift key keeps toggling my fn lock on and off. Does anyone know how to disable the shift key from doing this?My left arrow key also keeps highlighting text to the left of the cursor whenever I use it as opposed to just moving the cursor to the left. Does anyone know...
  4. How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable left shift key toggling fn lock: My left shift key keeps toggling my fn lock on and off. Does anyone know how to disable the shift key from doing this?My left arrow key also keeps highlighting text to the left of the cursor whenever I use it as opposed to just moving the cursor to the left. Does anyone know...
  5. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  6. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  7. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  8. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  9. Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up: My left shift used to be the key that I used for typing in capitals, however, after cleaning my keyboard with my computer on, oops, now my right shift is the only one that can be used to type capitals, does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  10. Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working: I couldn't find any mention of this online: Right CTRL + V, Left Shift + ' and CTRL + C on both sides work as intended. I haven't installed anything lately. This just started happening in the middle of the day a couple of days ago. Language doesn't matter - when I switch to...