Windows 10: Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings?

Discus and support Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have had issues with my windows 10 computer. It shuts down randomly when I'm working. I don't know what the problem is but I have two suspects.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuentes2395, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings?

Hi,

I have had issues with my windows 10 computer. It shuts down randomly when I'm working. I don't know what the problem is but I have two suspects. Adobe CS6 and the hard drive.

When I got my computer a professor installed all the adobe cs6 programs for free on my computer. I then started having problems with the computer (that's what happens when you install pirated programs).

The other is the hard drive that is probably failing.

I had these idea of to restore the factory settings of my computer to try solve the problem. Would you recommend it?

I have ubuntu in my computer. If I factory restore, would it also be erased?

Thanks

submitted by /u/fuentes2395
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fuentes2395, Jun 13, 2020
  2. StuartLim Win User

CANNOT RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS ON WINDOWS 10

Hi thanks for your reply. I checked the lenovo website and there are no driver updates for windows 10. should I reinstall the driver updates for window 7?

also,

How do i restore factory settings when my "settings" app does not work? is there another way to do this?

StuartLim, Jun 13, 2020
  3. How to restore factory settings

Hi Brian,

I suggest you to perform Restore factory settings, it will automatically delete all the details and the setting will be restore default a new. Click on the article how to perform Restore factory settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: It is recommended to take a Backup of all your files before performing Restore factory settings, it will wipe out all the data.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 13, 2020
  4. dorsetlad Win User

Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings?

How to restore factory settings

Sorry,as stated in my original post, i am unable to restore to factory settings since upgrading to Windows 10,because the Windows 8.1 restore information has gone. That was the essence of my query. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Brian

dorsetlad, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings?

1. Windows 10 Lenovo shuts down randomly. Nothing works. Should I restore to factory settings? - Similar Threads - Lenovo shuts down

2. Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down: For the past month or two I have had the issue of my laptop randomly shutting down. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in, not plugged in, streaming, using the internet, or playing a game. It either happens a ton of time within a small period of time or won't occur for hours....
  3. Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga C740 Randomly Shutting Down: For the past month or two I have had the issue of my laptop randomly shutting down. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in, not plugged in, streaming, using the internet, or playing a game. It either happens a ton of time within a small period of time or won't occur for hours....
  4. Windows 10 randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down.: Hi, My Windows 10 installation randomly shuts down for seemingly no reason. Computer is perfectly stable but will out of no where and at random intervals completely shut down as if I used shutdown on the start menu. This is what i get out of Event Viewer.... Index...
  5. Windows 10 shutting down randomly

Windows 10 shutting down randomly: Hi there, I've got warnnigs regards to the random shutting down of Windows 10 64bit.: Warning nr.1: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 2/09/2020 8:14:25 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level:...
  6. Thinking of restoring windows 10 to factory, should I?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thinking of restoring windows 10 to factory, should I?: Last year I bought a HP laptop on sale with about a 120GB solid state drive. Got it mainly for video editing and installed a bunch of programs that I don't use. Should I just uninstall, or would a factory reset be better? Should I do anything else if I do the reset or will it...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down randomly

Windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hi there, I'm using a Lenovo T490 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (build 18363.535). I noticed random shutdowns when the PC is left idle for some time. The only common between these shutdowns is this log: The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646...
  8. Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutting down randomly.: Starting today, I’ve been experiencing random shutdowns/restarts. It started without any warning. I got home from work and found that my computer had restarted itself. It was on sleep when I left. Then when I tried using the computer, I started experiencing random shut downs....
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down: My PC keeps shutting down randomly. This is happening after the 1903 may 2019 update . Sometimes it shuts down immediately after booting and sometimes it stays on for more than an hour, and sometimes it stays on. If I it shuts down while I'm using Microsoft word or...
  10. Windows 10 randomly shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shuts down: My computer randomly shuts down for no reason causing me to have to restart it. I don't lose anything during the restart, but it continuously does this. I added network service to my launch and activation service permissions, but can't find the next step !!!! In addition...