Windows 10: Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung...

Discus and support Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad E580 running Windows 10 and each time I would use my Samsung 6 series smart TV as a wireless display it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeodorAndonov, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung...

Hi guys,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad E580 running Windows 10 and each time I would use my Samsung 6 series smart TV as a wireless display it would connect and work fine for 10-15 minutes after which the TV would freeze and I have to restart the connection to fix it.

Any idea if it's the Windows drivers (they are updated to the latest version) or is there an issue with the TV?

Thanks in advance!

:)

TeodorAndonov, Apr 11, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Lenovo Recalls 208,000 ThinkPad Batteries

On March 1, 2007, Lenovo voluntarily recalled certain 208,000 9-cell lithium-ion batteries. These batteries were manufactured for use with ThinkPad notebook computers that shipped worldwide between November 2005 and February 2007. All ThinkPad R60, R60e Series, ThinkPad T60, T60p Series and ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p Series with 9-cell 10.8V, 5.2 Ah batteries with part number FRU P/N 92P1131 are being recalled. All affected batteries will be replaced free of charge. Lenovo suggests those computers with defective units remove the battery and use the AC adaptor until a replacement has arrived.

Source: Lenovo

malware, Apr 11, 2019
  3. InhexSTER Win User
    PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung...

Windows 10 freezes after ~5 minutes of inactivity/idle

Hi,

Hoping for some assistance on this, for what appears to be a somewhat common problem.

My issue is extremely similar to
    this issue
    . I would in fact say it is virtually identical.

In summary..

• After ~5 minutes of inactivity, Windows 10 completely freezes
    • It absolutely hangs - it does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input. The
      only thing it responds to is a hard power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
    • It doesn't matter whether music/video is playing - it will freeze provided there is
      5 minutes of inactivity
    • If music is playing, the audio will also freeze.
    • This means provided the computer receives constant input (whether mouse or keyboard), I can use it for almost an indefinite period of time
    • I suspect it is related to a Windows Update/driver
    • There are a small number of other situations which trigger a freeze - appears to be related to installation of software and/or Windows Update
      • Example is after installing VirtualBox, computer will freeze upon opening
      • Whilst attempting to install a Samsung Android driver, it froze in the middle of installation
    As a side issue, I am also unable to shut down, restart or hibernate my computer. Shutting down/restarting/hibernating will result in the screen turning off, but unless I actually hard power off the computer by holding onto the power button, the power light
    will show as on and you can hear the fan constantly running until it is forced off by a hard power off. I believe this is also related to a Windows Update/driver, because it did work previously. Maybe this should have its own separate question post, seeing
    as it is probably a separate issue.

Hardware/Software Summary:

• Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E14 ES1-411-C1WD (purchased ~July 2015)
    • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz

Let me know if any other information is required that may be of assistance.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

illumination10, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung...

1. Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad screen freezes 5 minutes after it has been connected to Samsung... - Similar Threads - Lenovo ThinkPad screen

2. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen: ThinkPad E550. Machine Type Model:20DF00CQUKI've a black screen when posting access to bios or f9/fqw boot order and unable to use VGA output on the laptop. I've got a monitor view sonic LCD takes VGA only.I was able to boot into Ubuntu but don't know how what I pressed: it...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen: ThinkPad E550. Machine Type Model:20DF00CQUKI've a black screen when posting access to bios or f9/fqw boot order and unable to use VGA output on the laptop. I've got a monitor view sonic LCD takes VGA only.I was able to boot into Ubuntu but don't know how what I pressed: it...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad E550 no screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  9. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle: My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection,...
  10. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...