Windows 10: Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I used to use a laptop which I bought with Windows built-in. After I bought it, I matched Windows licence built-in the laptop with my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tuncelarda, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account

I used to use a laptop which I bought with Windows built-in. After I bought it, I matched Windows licence built-in the laptop with my Microsoft account. The windows licence sticker under the laptop is not in its place anymore. Today, I have changed my laptop with newer and freedos one. I want to use my old laptop licence with my new laptop. However, I don't know which Windows 10 licence I have in my account and cannot see anywhere on my account details. How can I learn which version of Windows 10 I have in my Microsoft account?

:)

tuncelarda, Feb 19, 2021

2. How to verify that my Windows 10 licence is associated with my Hotmail/Microsoft account

Do those steps:

• Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings application.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Select Activation

Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account SU1Ru.png

Here you see the current status. If the account has no licence you can click on Add an account, enter your account data and the account gets the license added.

You can see this in the next step in the same dialog:

Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account Gc0yx.png

magicandre1981, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account

1. Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - licence Microsoft Account

2. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  3. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  4. Permanently remove licence from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Permanently remove licence from microsoft account: I would like to know how to remove a microsoft licence from the microsoft account to not be associated.I tried to remove my MS account with a local user and remove the device from the account but when when I register again in the computer with my MS account it says that I...
  5. Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account

Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account: I bought a new laptop yesterday. The seller installed windows 10 I bought the license in the shop. However, they used my mother's details and created a new microsoft account, while I was out and I didn't know that now windows requires microsoft account during first setup. I...
  6. Licence not linked to Microsoft Account

Licence not linked to Microsoft Account: I got my Mum a new PC to replace her current one as it's been having some hardware issues. I changed her from a local account login to using her outlook.com account and that's fine but it doesn't seem to have linked her licence with her MS account, as when I login with her...
  7. Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence

Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence: Hi I am having trouble to link my Windows 10 licence to my Microsoft account. The licence is activated with a digital licence, but not linked to my Microsoft account it says. To be clear. I have achieved nr 1, but I want nr 2. 1: " Windows is activated with a digital...
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

Windows 10 Microsoft Licence: Hey all! So, I've been looking for a new laptop and found this one. https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKLEN14514/Lenovo-Ideapad-S145-Laptop-156-AMD-A9-9425-8GB-512 All is well, until I discovered it had Windows 10 Home SMode, which is a locked down version. I don't want...
  9. How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?

How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?: I have a laptop with windows 10 professional installed, it came pre-installed when I bought the laptop and I have connected it with Microsoft account. But this laptop id dead completely, I want to install windows 10 on my pc. How to get windows 10 license form Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence: I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my license with my MSA. On the device it's allright, now teh activitaion tab shows "Windows is activated with a digital license...