Windows 10: Windows 10 licence reactivation

Discus and support Windows 10 licence reactivation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded hardware in my PC. I checked the Microsoft website for details on reactivating windows after this update and followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChasDevenney, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 licence reactivation

Hi,

I recently upgraded hardware in my PC. I checked the Microsoft website for details on reactivating windows after this update and followed the instructions with regards to linking my digital licence to my Microsoft account.

When I finished my upgrade and tried to reactivate it I got a message saying it was unable to. I contacted customer support who were pretty clueless.

The support assistant first of all told me it was because it was OEM. This wasn't the case, it was a retail copy of windows 8 that I had bought and upgraded to Windows 10. He then said he needed the product key, which I no longer have, despite the fact microsofts guide said if I had a digital licence linked to my account I wouldn't need a product key anymore.

I feel like I'm being scammed to buy another Windows licence. I checked Microsofts own instructions before carrying out the upgrade to make sure I'd be able to transfer my windows licence, now I was being told to pay for another copy.

After a long discussion going round in circles the advisor said he'd arrange a call back by the advanced technical team this morning between 8am and 9am. It's now 11am and no-one has called and I've had to cancel a gym appointment. This whole experience is shocking customer support, what should be a simple task according to the website has been a total farce.

Is it likely I'm ever going to receive the promised call or are they just trying to wear me down to force me to pay for my copy of windows again?

CD.

:)

ChasDevenney, Feb 6, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

Yes, it will remain activated. Things that seem to trigger a reactivation are changing the mobo, network card and maybe the CPU.

qubit, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 licence reactivation

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 licence reactivation

1. Windows 10 licence reactivation - Similar Threads - licence reactivation

2. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  3. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  4. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update: Hi folks,two days ago I did a BIOS update. Since then my Windows licence is not activated. I assume that Windows detected a hardware change but the strange thing is that I update my BIOS every few months and never had this issue.The error code is 0x803FABC3Windows licence is...
  6. Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update

Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update: Hi folks,two days ago I did a BIOS update. Since then my Windows licence is not activated. I assume that Windows detected a hardware change but the strange thing is that I update my BIOS every few months and never had this issue.The error code is 0x803FABC3Windows licence is...
  7. Windows reactivate/where is my licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reactivate/where is my licence key: So i sold my old motherboard that i activated my windows10pro first time... It is product keyI dowloaded win11 first time in like january and it automatically activated it after i loged in.But win11 was so bad reinstalled win10 after some day and its activated again...
  8. Windows reactivate/where is my licence key

Windows reactivate/where is my licence key: So i sold my old motherboard that i activated my windows10pro first time... It is product keyI dowloaded win11 first time in like january and it automatically activated it after i loged in.But win11 was so bad reinstalled win10 after some day and its activated again...
  9. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...
  10. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...