Windows 10: windows 10 license after resetting

Discus and support windows 10 license after resetting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have some issues with my laptop and want to reset it. I want to know whether I will loose my windows 10 licence in this case? For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmilHasanov, Nov 10, 2019.

1. windows 10 license after resetting

Hi,

I have some issues with my laptop and want to reset it. I want to know whether I will loose my windows 10 licence in this case?

For information, the laptop itself did not come with a licensed windows OS, I have purchased windows 8 myself and later got upgraded to windows 10.

Thanks in advance for reply.

Best,

Amil

:)

AmilHasanov, Nov 10, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

windows 10 license after resetting

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 license after resetting

1. windows 10 license after resetting - Similar Threads - license resetting

2. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  3. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  4. I reset my pc by using reset everything method and lost license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my pc by using reset everything method and lost license.: I had windows 11 pro now i have windows 11 enterprise and i dont have the license beacuse i used it 4 years ago. my pc is connected to internet as i readed it says its auto activating but its not....
  5. I reset my pc by using reset everything method and lost license.

I reset my pc by using reset everything method and lost license.: I had windows 11 pro now i have windows 11 enterprise and i dont have the license beacuse i used it 4 years ago. my pc is connected to internet as i readed it says its auto activating but its not....
  6. how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and...: how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and registerd to me but this laptop a friend gave to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-digital-license-on-a-laptop-that-i/770adddd-bdca-40c2-8050-fe59a3d10a29
  7. how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and...: how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and registerd to me but this laptop a friend gave to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-digital-license-on-a-laptop-that-i/770adddd-bdca-40c2-8050-fe59a3d10a29
  8. how do i find digital license on a laptop that i factory reset/ its activated and...

9. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2
  10. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2